Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace an old worn out pair of mesh textile riding gloves. Trying to decide between the Victory Medina Mesh Gloves and the Victory Leather Graphic Gloves. Both seem nice and the leather ones are perforated, but I want something that is really going to breathe and not be too hot. I just don't know how the leather ones will be. Anyone have either of these and have an opinion? Thanks!

·
13,231 Posts
I have mesh textile for summer and leather for late fall

·
Registered
781 Posts
I have the Medinas- they breathe well. My first pair tore on the cuff just from pulling them on, but Victory replaced them under warranty. New pair are holding up fine.

I have heard nothing bad about fox creek gloves, either. I thought they would have some perforated leather, but there isn't anything on the main selection of gloves. Abrasion resistant- yes- but obviously not "armored" like the Medinas and some others. (i doubt that the armor is really serious)

·
Premium Member
145 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I'm not sure which Tourmaster gloves SB had but I have the Intake Air gloves and am happy with them. The aren't listed as waterproof and there is no way that they could be but they breath very well and are comfortable. IMO

http://www.tourmaster.com/product/Gloves/Intake_Air_Glove/278/9
Those are the ones I hate.

They are fine when it's cool out, but as soon as it gets hot, my hands sweat and the liner pulls out of the glove with my hand. And then it's a major PITA to get the liner back into the fingers. I've also stuck my hand out in 80 mph winds and it still felt as if my hands were in Ziplock bags i.e. no airflow.

In the rain they got soaked and again pulled the damn liner out when I took off the gloves...errrr!

I should have specified, they were labeled as "Waterproof" on the store shelf.

I have a Tourmaster jacket that I'm fond of, but their gloves ain't for me.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Those are the ones I hate.

They are fine when it's cool out, but as soon as it gets hot, my hands sweat and the liner pulls out of the glove with my hand. And then it's a major PITA to get the liner back into the fingers. I've also stuck my hand out in 80 mph winds and it still felt as if my hands were in Ziplock bags i.e. no airflow.

In the rain they got soaked and again pulled the damn liner out when I took off the gloves...errrr!

I should have specified, they were labeled as "Waterproof" on the store shelf.

I have a Tourmaster jacket that I'm fond of, but their gloves ain't for me.
SB, I guess our mileages have varied and we will just have to agree to disagree. cheers

It can certainly get hot in Panama and I don't have any of the issues that you have had (I cover them in heavy rain) but that certainly doesn't mean that you didn't. IMO, I would recommend them and in yours, you wouldn't. The main thing is that we are happy with what we have.

By the way, I also have their Intake Air 3 jacket and am very happy with that as well.

Cheers

·
Registered
781 Posts
Swalker- if you go with the Vic gloves- do your best to try on and buy a pair right then and there. (avoid online ordering unless you have tried on a real pair know you can get them cheaper or whatever)

I have found Vic's jackets and gloves to run surprisingly small. Mine are XXL's while other various types of gloves I own are at least a size smaller.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input everyone. I've been to both of my local Vic dealers and neither have the Medina glove in stock. I was able to try the Graphic Leather glove on this weekend and I do know their sizes run small. I'm going to find some Medina gloves on-line and order them. I think they are closest to what I have now and I like them.

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
I use riggers gloves, they're leather, they're a light colour as I sometimes use hand signals to back up my indicators when turning, hand signals and eye contact to be exact.
oh and at $5 a pair I can afford to lose them...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts