Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CMA is having their East coast Fast Lane rally this weekend at Iron Horse motorcycle lodge on US 28 right down from the Dragon. When we left this morning it was cold and overcast but not too bad.

Started by going over Cherohala Skyway where we ran into flurries at the top. Then there was lots of rain on the other side which stay with us the entire time on the Dragon and back to the lodge. Even added a little sleet into the mix.

All in all still fun but would've been better without the rain. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow and the ride home Sunday but the weatherman isn't on my side.
1364609860548.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
CMA is having their East coast Fast Lane rally this weekend at Iron Horse motorcycle lodge on US 28 right down from the Dragon. When we left this morning it was cold and overcast but not too bad.

Started by going over Cherohala Skyway where we ran into flurries at the top. Then there was lots of rain on the other side which stay with us the entire time on the Dragon and back to the lodge. Even added a little sleet into the mix.

All in all still fun but would've been better without the rain. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow and the ride home Sunday but the weatherman isn't on my side.
View attachment 13170
Good stuff Bubba, ride safe.

Did they fix that road damage from the rock slide on Cherohala already? Someone posted a pic with some pretty significant damage a little while back. I thought they were saying it could be months before the road was reopened.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
MUCH better day today. Did two runs starting jist before 4 pm. Here are a few action shots. The Harley rider with us was surprised at the Victory's performance. He said a Harley tourer would've not been able to keep up like the XR did. Of course he also said he would deny ever saying that!!!

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
MUCH better day today. Did two runs starting jist before 4 pm. Here are a few action shots. The Harley rider with us was surprised at the Victory's performance. He said a Harley tourer would've not been able to keep up like the XR did. Of course he also said he would deny ever saying that!!!

NIce shots Goat. What was the leader in this pack riding?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He was riding a Gold Wing, second was a Harley XR1200. The Wing rider is the best of the Group and left us in the dust. We were able to catch up when he got behind someone who didn't/couldn't move over right away.

Just got back home. Almot 1500 miles since Thursday. AWESOME weekend thumb up

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Great post Goat. Looks like a great time overall!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ask and Ye shall receive

And for good measure, some from Cherohala Skyway. Not much of an action shot since we were just starting out from the overlook. Can't see it in the picture but this is when the flurries were starting.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Ask and Ye shall receive

Oh man I know that guy was freezing. No windscreen and a big gap between his helmet and coat. Burrrrrr!

I liked his bottle holder. First time I've seen that on a standard bike like that. Probably make a good icepack by the time you guys got to the top of Cherohala.

Think you should get your friend one of these for Christmas:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts