1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
218 Posts
Man.. that makes me want to run out and find a great deal on Craigslist for one of the old girls... if only I had someone like Rylan nearby to work on it. The V92C bikes were/are iconic.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man.. that makes me want to run out and find a great deal on Craigslist for one of the old girls... if only I had someone like Rylan nearby to work on it. The V92C bikes were/are iconic.
With what's happened to Victory values, you should be able to scare one up for around $5 bucks.... :|

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
I rode one of those for a couple of years before the Cross Country, loved that bike.

·
12,983 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,048 Posts
@wspollack sent me a BWM1600B review to read while I'm stuck home nursing myself back to health.... I was looking around Rider after I read the BMW review and I found this that I think many of us would be interested in reading:

1998 Victory V92C - First Ride Review | Rider Magazine

enjoy
Nice blast from the past. A friend bought one of those then not long after he found out about the transmission failures.

He was lucky; he was able to get rid of the bike quick and get something else; another HD if I remember right.

I had respect for him for trying something different but still American made.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Those transmission problems were not universal.. or RoadKill wouldn't have gotten 200,000 miles on the one that is sitting in a museum right now. Still lots of them on the road too. It IS a crapshoot tho....

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
@wspollack sent me a BWM1600B review to read while I'm stuck home nursing myself back to health.... I was looking around Rider after I read the BMW review and I found this that I think many of us would be interested in reading:

enjoy
Great post, thank you for sharing this link. Yes sir, that was when Polaris was serious about their own brand, Victory Motorcycles. I remember reading everything I could get my hands on about Victory. Even before this article was first printed. I thought Victory was about the best motorcycle name anyone could come up with. I always wanted Victory to succeed and looked at every bike they released. One of my brothers bought a 1999 black V92C, his first motorcycle purchase ever. We both loved that bike. It was as reliable as an anvil except for burning out one regulator. I was on a 1999 black Moto Guzzi Bassa at that time. A bike I greatly enjoyed. Till I totaled it and replaced it with a 2000 Moto Guzzi Bassa in blue and silver. Now, that was my absolute favorite Moto Guzzi. I rode many of them for about 35 years but that blue/silver Bassa was my hands down favorite. It's one of two Moto Guzzis I wish I still had. A red 1960 125cc Stornello Sport being the other.

Too bad the current Polaris management team saw fit to turn Victory into defeat. What fools. Yea, I'm still a bit sore about the whole thing.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
218 Posts
Never ran into a Bassa before.. but that pic makes me want to! My dad had a T and a T-3 and it looks a lot like them. There just ain't nothing like a Goose.. even if they aren't that fast they always sound and feel like you're winning a fast race. :)

·
Registered
90 Posts

enjoy
Oh, gosh! Thks for posting!

I felt like twenty again. I remeber it like yesterday, one of Polish motorcycle magazines dedicated, well... 1/8 of the page for the "New American Cruiser", just few lines with the picture of V92C in red/black... I was so impressed by the look of the machine, by seeing "something new" from across the ocean (to be honest, the style of HD was not my favourite - besides highly customized ones).
And you know what? Dreaming about riding the cruiser one day, I even did not dare to dream about riding THAT one! At twenty Honda Shadow 750 was in top of my wishlist, which was still hard to afford that time... Then I got married (not with the bike, though....), kids, a couple of cars, house... And I woke up in my forties... Luckily, I did woke up, and saddled my Victory early this year. And I know I could not make a better choice, even though they've been discontinued. I do not care. I know I will keep riding my Gunner, Till The Wheels Fall Off!!! And I do not bother myself thinking what then; I hope it will not happen soon enough!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts