Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, everybody

I'm headed down to the Little Rock area this weekend to take a look at an Indian Chief Vintage and ride one during the demo program. I love the look, and if the OL and I are both comfortable, I could be putting down a deposit.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I test rode one last weekend....EXCELLENT ride. Best acceleration through all gears of any bike I ever been on...and I'd buy one if I was 10 years younger, but for now I'll keep my XCT.

I have a few minor (EXTREMELY MINOR) things about the bike that I didn't like, but they were ALL things that you could either get used to, or fix.

Quickly...the mirrors are too low and my right hand (brake hand) would catch on the bottom of the mirror...by the time the ride was over, I had already adjusted.

The windscreen is GREAT, although when all the way, it does move some. Again...you could probably get used to that too.

The heel toe shifter (they are proud of it for some reason)...is a bit awkward.

That's about it...pretty lame negatives if you ask me...Overall, a fun and fantastic STATE of the ART BIKE to ride (sounds funny saying "state of the art" when referring to an Indian).

And oh...by the way...I'll be down at Gregory Indian/Polaris/Victory demoing again. That's my dealer for my Victory. I ride a WHITE XCT with a black headlight bezel. :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the Indian doesn't work out, we're gonna look at an XC Classic.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
I'm green with envy!!!!! I hear we'll be seeing them in Oregon in 2017... :D

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yeah, and if it had been on the Harley board, it would have.
Im guessing that was you that started the Vic thread over there....
Some of the guys there get instantly bent if you mention Victory or even Indian... funny how a simple question stirs everything up there...
Anyway have fun on your test ride and i hope you find something that suits you and the OL well...I havent ridden one yet (hope to soon) may end up going in that direction also....cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts