Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I equally love to bike and golf. Do any of you golf and carry your clubs on your bike? What rack do you have?

·
Registered
790 Posts
I equally love to bike and golf. Do any of you golf and carry your clubs on your bike? What rack do you have?
Did it once or twice. Put my necessary clubs in a "Sunday" walking bag, balls, tees, ect... in a separate small bag. Bunge cord from my driver's backrest to the rear truck.

You'll get strange looks.

Seen a setup for GoldWings that fits rear fender probably in a small hitch. Plastic bag holder, goes straight up like a flag. REALLY looks weird, but if you are intent on doing it often, might be worth it.

Google "Golf bags on Motorcycles" and you'll see some pretty wild setups.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have seen some pics of actual racks but wondered if anybody was running one?

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
In a recent MC magazine, I saw a product mention for a set of clubs that come apart and fit into a bag that looks like it will fit in your side case. Don't remember the mag, maybe Rider or Motorcyclist or RoadRider.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I seen a guy on a HD a few years ago who had them sitting straight up with the bottom of the bag on the right side passenger floor board and bungy cords to his passenger back rest. Looked strange but it worked for him.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That rack doesn't look half bad now if he just made it to fit the trunk supports I'd be away in the spring..

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I know it was for a completely different set up but more of an inspiration. How are your fabricating skills?

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Looks like the bag may block the tail light/brake light.

·
Registered
149 Posts
That has always been my first question on a golf bag carrier. Does it block the rear lights? If so, no go! My answer to carrying my clubs was to buy a small golf bag that I could put over my shoulder and across my back. Worked great and used it many times on my bike. However, that is only good for short, local trips. Would HATE to have to long haul it that way! Would bungee it with base up against my backrest if I had to do it on my XCT, today. I do take my clubs on long rides nowadays. But, you have to understand that I travel with my best bud, who rides in his '39 Pontiac hot rod!:crzy: life is good:eek:
Regards, Jim

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not a fabricator that's my brothers job.

·
Registered
101 Posts
This is just a thought but, what about a trailer hitch with plug in rack? Could do the rack length wise(in line with the bike) and maybe at an angle to the rear of the rack.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
This is just a thought but, what about a trailer hitch with plug in rack? Could do the rack length wise(in line with the bike) and maybe at an angle to the rear of the rack.
Not a bad idea at all!

·
Registered
790 Posts
That's how the Gold Wing system works. You mount a tube to hold small bag or buy a "tube bag" for travel that holds your clubs and equip.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Just resurrecting this thread to see if anyone has heard or seen of any new options for an XC since this was last posted 7 months ago.

There is a cool option for Harley baggers which quickly replaces one of the bags for a golf bag holder.

Ride Your Harley to the Golf Course.

I guess there are not enough avid golfers who ride Vics.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have contacted them about the "Ride Your Harley to the Golf Course" but they don't make it for the Victory. In his response he said he did not have a Victory he could use to mock up a system. I am to far a way but was thinking if I could make something with PVC and have them replicate it with their system. I can't imagine it is more than where to put the connection points for the bag mounts and the support bracket to the bag guard.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am for sure too far away. Is there anyone near them that would like to have a chance to prototype the rack.

Club storage is great but not to travel to surrounding courses.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts