Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like my 2012 cct starter quit while I'm 200 plus miles from home on vacation.Solenoid just clicks and it has clean connections everywhere. Called a nearby dealer and they said the extended warranty covers only engine internals..not the starter. Called the number on my claims card and was told it is covered. Got it loaded on the truck and am going to take it to my local dealer and see what their take is. And while checking connections on the engine and solenoid found some oil seepage between the base and rear jug. Now we get to find out if the warranty is worth what I paid. If it covers..good investment..if not...pissed off owner.

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
Hope it works out for you.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Please keep us informed , I have the 5 year warranty too . I would love to know I can actually count on it ....

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
There is a video on youtube that explains the extended warranty. He explained that it is only honored at the dealership that you purchased the bike from and their partners.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This could interesting then. I bought the bike used and the original owner got the warranty as an incentive. The day I bought the bike I went to my local dealer to see about changing it into my name and they went above and beyond to get the right paperwork and answers to make that happen. Hopefully they continue with the service they have given me so far.

·
13,177 Posts
Lightwield

where is the video. Its not nice to not post a link.

Truckerman
my dealer transferred the warranty for me my by pushing twenty buttons on his computer for free no big deal

·
Premium Member
13,619 Posts
Looks like my 2012 cct starter quit while I'm 200 plus miles from home on vacation.Solenoid just clicks and it has clean connections everywhere. Called a nearby dealer and they said the extended warranty covers only engine internals..not the starter. Called the number on my claims card and was told it is covered. Got it loaded on the truck and am going to take it to my local dealer and see what their take is. And while checking connections on the engine and solenoid found some oil seepage between the base and rear jug. Now we get to find out if the warranty is worth what I paid. If it covers..good investment..if not...pissed off owner.
I'm curious to see how well they treat you too.

How many miles on the bike? Could it be the battery?

·
Registered
54 Posts
In reading several threads re: possible starter problems I found one that was interesting. It said he took the starter in to a local starter rebuild shop (because Vic is VERY proud of theirs) and when it was disassembled it was found that one of the brush mounting screws internal to the starter was tight but the connector under it was loose. the screw had bottomed out without being tight to the connector. They replaced the screw with a shorter one and wallah the starter began working again. I'm thinking I have a similar issue as mine intermittently hesitates when starting. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bike just turned 12000 miles this week. Not battery,,,tap on starter and it will start but I don't trust it to go anywhere. If it's not warranty ,I'll do it myself....half the fun of owning is doing your own work. Starter crapping out that soon should be covered but we'll see. I haven't done much yet because I'm a long way from my toolbox and I don't want to do anything to screw up warranty coverage. It's going to the dealer tomorrow and we'll see what they say.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
There is a video on youtube that explains the extended warranty. He explained that it is only honored at the dealership that you purchased the bike from and their partners.

If any Victory dealer says that they should be named and humiliated. That's total bovine excrement.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Which "extended Warranty"?

The question is ..."which" of the extended warranties do you have. It seems that there are a couple of different options. One of them is the EXACT SAME warranty (from Victory) as the original 1 or 2 year warranties. It is even written on the same EXACT paper, letterhead, etc. Those warranties were typically around $300 in costs.

There appears to have been a second (free) warranty available from some 3rd-parties that is NOT on Victory paper and therefore doesn't cover as many of the components as the "for fee" Victory Extended warranty covered. People have had significant challenges getting anyone (including the local dealer) to perform on.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finally heard back from the dealer. Apparently there are several companies selling extended warranties and like everything else some are better than others. Lucky for me I have the good one. The starter is junk and they are going to replace the jug gasket while they have it. The good news is I'm getting around a grand of repairs for $50( my deductible). The bad news is I'm losing a bunch of prime riding weather.

·
Registered
19 Posts
How many ever read the contract when buying or shopping for an extended warranty? I didn't notice dealers having a sample to browse. It's typically not a real factory warranty but more like an insurance policy and important to read the particulars.

·
Registered
917 Posts
What if your dealer went out of business after you bought your bike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts