Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined the site today. I have a 2013 X-Country bagger Suede Nuclear Sunset. Had an issue with the starter clutch. Problem solved(no thanks to Polaris) where you can not by the flywheel puller. Just found the size and thread pitch. You can purchase all parts, but they limit tools. So during this I decided to add rear speaker. Bought a set of Hot Vic bag covers for 8.5in speakers. That started a fiasco with paint. Living in a small Tx town where everyplace is 2-4hrs from large cities. A good body shop is hard to find. The new color is Organic Kandy Green from House of Kolor. Klear Koat is today. I still have to wire the speakers Kicker KM8 and the amp Rockford Fosgate Punch. It should rock. I just need a 12v activate source for the amp. And putting on a pair of Hot Vic pipes, Loydd's air filter. New billet cheese wedges crosses. and primary cover american flag and cam cover same.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Welcome! Alpine Texas huh? Bunch of friends and I used to meet in Alpine every other year to ride Big Bend. I'm jealous...you get to ride some fantastic roads in one of the most beautiful and scenic places in the United States.

You're not an Old Guy are you? I'm a member of that club :wink

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Welcome from a real old guy (80) from the Pacific Northwet. Do you open the throttle a bit when starting? That helps in preventing kick back.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The starter clutch is a directional bearing or sprag gear. Once the flywheel is off it is pretty straight forward. Get the manual on CD just a few dollars from ebay. If you need a new starter buy one from Polaris/Victory because the after market one I bought had an internal short. I worked but drained my battery over night and depleted it so bad it could not be recharged.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome to the Forum , some pics of your steed would be great !cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts