1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Northern California Bay
Area. 2012 Highball bought from Arlen Ness in Dublin, CA

15k out the door w. stage 1 drag pipes/intake

Hoping someone can answer my questions about servicing.

Is it worth it to pay the 300 a pop for factory service ?

Can anyone provide me a service manual ?? Or tips on how to perform the scheduled maintenance.

Right on.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hey there Steveo. Congrats on the ride and welcome to the fold!

What part of NorCal are you in?? I love that area and have been dying to ride up there. Actually am looking for land up there, but that's a different subject.

The service costs are worth it if you are not inclined to do your own maintenance. I'm assuming you're speaking of the initial 500 mile service though? Honestly it's up do the dealer's work if it's worth it. Some service guys actually go by the book for the initial service, some just change the oil and call it done. Were it me, I would do it myself; oil change and inspection of used oil to look for any wrongness going on. Then check all your fasteners and make sure they're up to spec. That's pretty much all your dealer is going to do. My dealer here in the valley offers free oil changes with the purchase of a Victory oil change kit, plus a 30 point safety inspection. You might be able to work out a deal like that with yours?

I actually have a service manual on order for my '12 vegas 8ball, but it covers the HB I believe. I plan on getting it copied and served up when it comes in. When I do I'll let you know and so you can download it. If you can't wait, they're on fleabay for 50bucks.

Enjoy the ride, and your scenery! I'm jealous, I'd love to take a ride through the red woods!!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello. I am about 30 min east of san francisco and work in good ole dublin about a quarter mile down the blvd from arlen ness.

thank you on the service manual... I would be super stoked on a copy.

I'm defenitely inclined to handle my own maintenance. Just need the service manual and everything should be fine.

thank you for the reply. Now on to the mods. First I need to black out my forks so I'm trying to find out all the details I need before having them hard anodized black.

also need the details on the bolt/nut/threadcount size for the risers. Want to switch to a black/brass risers and get the RSD 19"apes and wire everything internally.

And then of course the back fender. Something similar to what the guy in Dubai did but with the center rib so it matches the tank/front fender.

Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Oh and the ground pounders from conquest customs. Those are a must. Sound insane. Unreal.

Ride on!

·
Registered
254 Posts
thank you on the service manual... I would be super stoked on a copy.

I'm defenitely inclined to handle my own maintenance. Just need the service manual and everything should be fine.

First I need to black out my forks so I'm trying to find out all the details I need before having them hard anodized black.
You're quite welcome. Any chance I get to make someone super stoked, I take it. I'll hit you up when it's done. I should receive it by Saturday. It's gonna be a busy weekend so it might not happen for a week or so. Why did I start my own business again????

As far as blacked out forks, I've looked into that as well because I'd like to black my 8ball forks out as well. Instead of anodizing, may I suggest a slip on? It's much cheaper, and unless you absolutely have to have them anodized, seems to me a better way to go. Check 'em here:

http://www.victoryonly.com/ACCESSORIES/lower_fork_sliders_contrast.html

You can get them with or without the contrast cuts in them. But for 260, seems like a good price. I actually really like the site where they're listed. I've been back and forth with Paul lately and he's a pretty cool cat. Kinda hard to get a hold of, but I think he's a one man band and is pretty busy.

***Ride safe, Ride often. Shiney side up, rubber side down.***(I'm out of cliches at this point)

·
Registered
33 Posts
$15,000 OTD isn't a bad deal with the pipes and stage 1 kit.

I just got a quote from my local dealer for $154 for the first service. I usually do all my own work, but I may go ahead and let them do the first service and I'll take it from there.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Any luck on the service manual ??
Yep. Got it. It doesn't say anything on the cover about a High Ball. Buy it does have instructions in it regarding the handlebar adjustment. So I imagine it'll work. It's huge though, gonna take me a while to scan all the pages, front and back. Is there a section you need right away? I could get that one done first.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not necessarily. I just broke 2500 miles so i know i'm due for an oil change and service. So if there is anything on the factory service....30 point inspection and oil change would be great.

·
Registered
254 Posts
not necessarily. I just broke 2500 miles so i know i'm due for an oil change and service. So if there is anything on the factory service....30 point inspection and oil change would be great.
Yep, it has all that good stuff. Table for fastener torques and all. I'll get that and the oil change done first for ya.

By the way, if you already did your 500 mile, your next service isn't due until 5k. The 2500 mile change was for the older bikes. Our new shiny ones are a 5k intervals. You'll probably want to check your belt tension/alignment as well.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
good to know. so no oil change at 5k ? I thought it sounded a bit excessive. Arlen's shop trying to rake me over the coals.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oops

yes oops thats what i meant.

2500 no
5000 yes.

cool anything you can send me would be awesome. Thanks again !

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Service Manual Anyone ???

So I just passed 5k miles on my highball. Can someone send me the service manual ? or sheets on the 5k maintenance ? the Inspection points ? fluid changes etc ??

Appreciate the help thanks.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Sorry I've been laxed on this, the AZ family court system has been bringing me down.

Your 5k service is pretty basic, about the same as the 500 mile. Your manual has the same service chart as the service manual. If you don't have your manual, THAT you can download of Polaris's site. But for immediate gratification (because that's the society we live in):

Oil, filter, lube front brake lever. Everything else is an inspection procedure. If you want to really get into it, get yourself a belt deflection tool to make sure your belt is up to spec. Mine loosened quite a bit after 5k. Details on that start on page 48 of the manual. If you need assistance with that, let me know.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That sounds good. Any way you could give me the inspection items ? What to look for and tighten if needed. Hope the az law hasn't got u by the balls. Best of luck with that. And thank u for ur help. I don't know the first thing about the belt and how to check and adjust so I would love to get ur help there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts