Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy everyone. I'm new here, I just purchased a 07 jackpot about a month ago. Got about 300 miles on it before winter and ice hit us. I did my searches on here and could not find this particular issue. I have the swept exhaust I believe and letting off the throttle makes it sound like a Jake brake, but my thing is the hole on the back of both pipes? Which also cause black/brown stain on my swing arm. Here are some pics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Looks like baffles were removed and screw that holds baffle in place was left out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was afraid of that. Thanks, I know I can't do anything about the baffles but what about sealing the holes? The spot drives me nuts

·
Registered
229 Posts
I took the baffle cones out of the srvt pipes on my highball once. it was way too loud, popped all the time, and was very sluggish.
If, by some Christmas miracle, you manage to find some baffles to put back in there, it should make the noise on deceleration a lot better. it should also help give you a little more power too.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What pipes are these, so I know what baffles to look for? I thought about doing the bolt thing but was unsure about it. Was there a bolt there from factory? I just dont want to ruin the paint and its ugly

·
Registered
396 Posts
or better yet get some replacement baffles you are
probably loosing horsepower,try THUNDER MONSTER BAFFLES.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
screw filler

get the correct fitting screw in 304 stainless, it will never rust! an easy check is a magnet as 304 stainless is not magnetic. get a lo profile button head style, good chrome can last a while as well. you can do the washer trick in the pipe end to cut popping + make the bike run better or get baffles made for those pipes, you only make noise and loose lo-midrange power without some restriction

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
or better yet get some replacement baffles you are
probably loosing horsepower,try THUNDER MONSTER BAFFLES.

I'll look into those thanks. I have not done anything to the bike the way you see it in the picture is the way I bought it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
screw filler

get the correct fitting screw in 304 stainless, it will never rust! an easy check is a magnet as 304 stainless is not magnetic. get a lo profile button head style, good chrome can last a while as well. you can do the washer trick in the pipe end to cut popping + make the bike run better or get baffles made for those pipes, you only make noise and loose lo-midrange power without some restriction
Ok I'll look into that aswell, I really appreciate all the input from you guys.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
If you go the replacement baffle route.....I am a Big City Thunder Dealer.."Thunder Monster Baffles"....if you know the I.D. of the pipes....I can get ya a price on some TM Baffles for them.

·
Registered
396 Posts
go to thunder monster baffles website and find out
how to measure the pipe to get the right baffle,
seems like you measure the i.d.
then get with noe and he will hook you up.thumb up

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't mind going back with baffles although I like the loudness, it just sounds I identical to a Jake break and my biggest thing is the stain its leaving behind.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Weird place for a hole. Access hole for something? Popping on decel is normal for most bikes from what I have heard. I have it too with my turn outs.

The popping I found is normal with Vic's from research on here. But the holes are in identical spots on both pipes. Access for baffels?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Yes, its where the baffle bolts in, just put a bolt in it to plug the hole.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
931 Posts
Howdy everyone. I'm new here, I just purchased a 07 jackpot about a month ago. Got about 300 miles on it before winter and ice hit us. I did my searches on here and could not find this particular issue. I have the swept exhaust I believe and letting off the throttle makes it sound like a Jake brake, but my thing is the hole on the back of both pipes? Which also cause black/brown stain on my swing arm. Here are some pics.
I had the swepts on my pin. When I took the nasty stock Baffle (donkey dicks) out I replaced a set from Lloydz. They sounded deeper and not to expensive.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
931 Posts
Do yourself a favor and run baffles, heres the link to what I mentioned

http://www.lloydz.com/store/item_view.asp?estore_itemid=1000132

and as far as popping goes. I get nearly 0 if any popping anymore. Not 100% sure which helped the most, but I have the VFC3 IAV and the Adjustable timing wheel from LLoydz. I think the timing wheel did the most for my bike.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Do yourself a favor and run baffles, heres the link to what I mentioned

http://www.lloydz.com/store/item_view.asp?estore_itemid=1000132

and as far as popping goes. I get nearly 0 if any popping anymore. Not 100% sure which helped the most, but I have the VFC3 IAV and the Adjustable timing wheel from LLoydz. I think the timing wheel did the most for my bike.

I want to keep it loud. Is there a difference between the Lloyd's and the thunder mountain besides price? I see a lot of talk about Lloyd's but someone mentioned thunder and noemtz carries thunder.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts