Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the community, looking to trade in my first motorcycle (2006 Vulcan 900 classic) and found a near immaculate 2011 Kingpin with less than 3k miles and only 1 minor scratch. Would $6,950 be a good price?

· Registered
6 Posts
It's relative thing. The bike is probably a great find & worth pursuing. For the market now, not a lot is moving and you can try to negotiate down. If you look at CycleTrader for 2011 and up, under 20k milage, under $7k there are some solid options for comparables.

If the bike is unridden and taking up storage, the person might just want move it. I would personally look up recall information first & see if anything applies for that year. You should have some immediate costs, as the tires should be expired. Ask if they at least did the 2k milage service and how long ago that was. You might be looking at ~$8k, not $7k.

· Registered
1,701 Posts
Zip to worry about for recalls on the bike. There aren't any worth troubling yourself about if I remember correctly.

With only 3000 on a 11 year old bike the oil needs changing.(minimal cost) The tires are pretty well aged out of reliable use.(medium cost) Without options listed I'll assume none to increase the value.

As already noted the price is relative to the area, what's available, and how much you like the bike. Don't worry about a couple of hundred dollars if it's what you want. The price is below what I'd consider my bike is worth with the additions I have but then I'm not in the selling market at the moment.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Zip to worry about for recalls on the bike. There aren't any worth troubling yourself about if I remember correctly.

With only 3000 on a 11 year old bike the oil needs changing.(minimal cost) The tires are pretty well aged out of reliable use.(medium cost) Without options listed I'll assume none to increase the value.

As already noted the price is relative to the area, what's available, and how much you like the bike. Don't worry about a couple of hundred dollars if it's what you want. The price is below what I'd consider my bike is worth with the additions I have but then I'm not in the selling market at the moment.
It's being sold by a dealership, they've told me the oil change has been done but will probably do it again myself. As for the tires, they look damn near brand new. They don't look aged at all, will confirm with the dealership.

· Administrator
3,141 Posts
Do not trust the dealer on much of anything including tire age. Check it for yourself. Every tire has a date code on the sidewall. This is a 4-digit number usually inside a raised square or oval. The four digits refer to the week and year of tire manufacture (e.g. 1222 would mean week 12 of year 2022).

Reactions: TNXR
1 - 10 of 10 Posts