Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We always hear of a few bad apples on here. From you guys experience so far, In you neck of the woods. Who is the best dealer in your area?
1. What state-
2. city
3. experienced tech (service dept)
4. reasonable rates
5. discount for accessories
6. over all experience recommendation
I like to hear from you guys and gals as to why to purchase from them.

·
Registered
126 Posts
North County Yamaha in San Marcos, CA took pretty good care of me. I would recommend them to anyone in or out of state.

They easily got me the 4.9% for 5 yrs
20% Discount for parts because I bought the bike there
Awesome experience - Not rushed in anyway at all.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Coastal Victory in Murrells Inlet, SC (near Myrtle Baach). These guys are awesome. They are a dedicated Polaris dealer, meaning all they sell is Victory and Polaris 4X4's & side-by-sides. they do also sell used cars to keep overhead down.

Very little if any markup from MSRP
Discounts on accessories & repeat purchases
Extremely knowledgeable tech.
Custom fab shop

I practically live at their shop, great bunch of guys.
I wouldn't buy from anyone else even if I lived in Montana!
Check them out at www.hotvic.com and www.coastalvictory.com

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Jim and the folks at Best Buy in Ft pierce florida are also dedicated Polaris dealers. Good folks to do Buisness with and dont mind if you hang out with them. They are the oldest Polaris /victory dealership in the state. They offer the best deals and do test rides also. Jim always has time for for you and loves to talk shop. I would recommend them to anyone. thumb up

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Tri-City in Centerville Ut. Awesome staff, quick service and Military discount! Anybody in Utah looking for a Victory, snowmobile or ATV? Tri-City only carries Polaris vehicles (not counting used) so go talk to Trish or Peggy and see what they can do to make you want to be a repeat customer.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
All out Cycles Chesapeake Va. I also posted in our regional forum as well just keep those both good and bad in the know.

AOC:
Great customer service, educated mechanics and not just there to make a buck
Sales has good return policy, no complaints yet and they sell you what you need to get done what you want the first time.
Parts inventory so far has had what I needed and quick to place order if I wanted.

We also have Sunrise Cycles in Norfolk but I have not checked them out to see if their reputation has improved since before they started carrying VICS.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Cycleworks in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada is a top notch dealer.

Had some modifications done to make my brakeaway work properly. The bike was past warranty and they adjusted the throttle cables and adjusted the drive belt at no charge just because the mechanic noticed the maintenance need to be done.
Jay in sales is very informative on his products and will ensure you get the bike, atv, or snowmobile that is right for you and the type of riding you do.

PS I am in no way affiliated with them, and have had very little dealings as the JP has been very reliable. The dealings I have had with the parts department and service has been very, very good.

thumb up

·
Registered
33 Posts
Motor Sports of Dayton in New Carlisle Oh are a super bunch. Great parts department, service and sales. The GM will do what ever he needs to make you happy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Southern CA?

Any in the greater LA area? Looking for most experienced mechanic LA, Orange, Ventura, Riverside, San Bernardino County? I get the feel their Ducati tech just finished a 2 day course on Victory.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Motor Sports of Dayton in New Carlisle Oh are a super bunch. Great parts department, service and sales. The GM will do what ever he needs to make you happy.
I agree they are mostly friendly folks, but IMO, they are still pretty amateur at running a dealership.

For instance, when I bought the bike I had a couple things added to the bike so I had to come back a few days later to pick it up, no big deal. My salesman called and told me it was ready and they would like me to pick it up. Outstanding. So I get there and the GM is in a meeting with guys from the sister dealership in Ky.

I sat around there for the better part of an hour before he was ready to do my paperwork. And once he finally got around to the paying customer (namely me), he couldn't get it loaded in the computer and that took about another hour. If I wasn't so easy going, I'd probably still be riding my Yamaha. I can imagine a lot of people probably would have told him to keep his bike if they were treated that way.

Then I brought the bike in for the free 500 mile service and was lectured by the SM because it was past due. He then sternly advised that I bring it in on his schedule (which BTW was twice the frequency of that stated in the manual.)

Mike in Parts is a gem.

I wish I could take the crew over to Clinton County Yamaha for some lessons in customer relations. There is nobody there copping a tough guy biker act nor dictating when anyone should do anything. I go in and tell them when I want something done and they tell me the cost and do it. They may offer suggestions, but they sure as hell aren't pushy, condescending, or judgmental about it.

But its a new place, so I guess a little clumsiness is to be expected. Anyway, I'm still rooting for their success too. cheers

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You know victory has been in business for 13 years + now. I am still looking in my area before I buy. I know how Harley dealers operate. They have good techs under warranty issues that come up. I have one that sells Polaris on the side and works on cars during the day. Most of his inventory is a storage place for other dealers to call. I bought a Bombardier 650dsX off him before the company traded hands. Just seems like most dealers are pushing the Jap bikes instead of Victory. Must be profit margin or something.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
You know victory has been in business for 13 years + now.
Yeah, but my local dealer has been in existence for only a little over a year.

From what I've been told by three current and former Victory dealers is that they had a bad relationship with the corporation. IIRC, their complaints were along the lines that Vic made them carry X amount of inventory at the dealer's cost. For smaller dealerships, it was too much and two of them are now gone and from what I understand, one is still hanging on by a thread in Cincinnati.

Hopefully, the corporation and dealers are on better terms these days.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts