Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold my Hammer Saturday. I had many great rides with her and she was a beast. I coulda kept her but I felt that I could put that money towards a fish & ski boat for the family. I think my daughters would enjoy a boat more than they would enjoy dad having 2 motorcycles so with a heavy heart I watched her ride off. Now boat time.

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
I understand your dilemma.... But family comes first.... Lucky you have another beautiful vic...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
I admire your reasoning for selling the Hammer. You're a good dad to think more about your kids enjoyment than your rolling stock inventory. Teach them to fish, how to pilot a boat and all the other details so they will teach their kids. That will be part of your legacy.
Kids remember the times spent with parents, not how much they earned or owned. If only more parents knew that and practiced it, this would be a better country.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I admire your reasoning for selling the Hammer. You're a good dad to think more about your kids enjoyment than your rolling stock inventory. Teach them to fish, how to pilot a boat and all the other details so they will teach their kids. That will be part of your legacy.
Kids remember the times spent with parents, not how much they earned or owned. If only more parents knew that and practiced it, this would be a better country.
Just to amplify your statement... my girls love riding with me so Saturday we were going to see family for mothers day 3 hrs away. I let my big girl 10 yrs old ride it with me while mom and my other daughter took the car.... needless to say we took the long back roads to get there. When we got to the hotel at about 830 pm she said "That was totally awesome dad! So peaceful and great scenery I loved it. This is the best day ever" Building those memories that will live forever

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
I can relate, of course, but the best of that sort of thing was taking a then 15 year old granddaughter on a 2 week trip. Being the typical teen girl, there were times I could have stuffed her onto a Greyhound bus and sent her home. But that was the first week and by the second, she was appreciating places like Beartooth Pass, Yellowstone Park, Grand Tetons and Jackson, WY. She's now in her mid 30s and still talks about that trip.
My son is in his high 50s and his mother has turned her back on him decades ago. So Sunday we had a dad and son day. I took him to my gun club and we went through 4 boxes (200 rds) of .22 LR. I had a smile all the while I was cleaning the 2 target pistols yesterday.

·
Registered
39 Posts
We have two boys, 11 and 16. Boating has giving us great family memories over the past 2 seasons of our boat ownership. If you haven't bought the boat yet check out the brand Mariah boats. They are like the victory of boating. Went out of business sometime around 2005 but built one heck of a boat. Just remember boat stands for Bust Out Another Thousand!!!!

There is also a great fourm that users support each other at - mariahownersclub.com. I think this forum will turn into something like that way after Victory is gone.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
How much did you get for it? and what year was it? thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2009 S.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts