Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a gopro hero3+ silver for Christmas. It wasn't something that I would purchase for myself but with several big rides planned for the new year I have to admit to being excited. Today I mounted the camera to my bike and went for a ride. Upon reviewing the video I was disappointed by the sound of my motor. Has anyone else noticed this?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Where did you mount the camera? Was there a lot of wind noise?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used a handlebar mount and no it wasn't wind noise. It was that whining noise that I changed pipes to mask. There is nothing mechanically wrong. It's just an unpleasant sound to me. I'm thinking about making a fork mount or possibly a mount on the front fender.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Music

Dub over the video with music, hopefully something that fits the scenerary.-----I actually toned the sound of the mufflers down on my bike,made it quieter. Now I really like to wear my earplugs under the helmet just to drown out all the mechanical noise the transmission makes on these bikes. I tend to notice all the noises without the earplugs and it annoys me now. I guess I just keep getting grumpier as I get older, ha, ha.:crzy:

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Can't expect a camera microphone and computer speakers to produce the sounds your ears hear, now can you?
As recommended, dub in a music track. Here's my favorite ride video with music. Enjoy.
http://vimeo.com/17982564

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
You're lucky! Great present. I've got my eye on one of those, $299, eeek.

LOVE some of the little snippets they show in ads for those, people have gotten amazing shots of all sorts of stuff and places, plus the thing is waterproof!! Great underwater photos as well. I need one.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Which case do you have on the Go Pro? It comes with two, a water proof sealed and a "skeleton" version. The skeleton version will let you hear the motor much better but will give you some wind noise. The sealed one really cuts the noise(not to my liking) but is sealed so water and dust protected. I mount mine to a saddle with the suction cup.

'13 Black XC
Lloydz Cams and Intake
Bassani 2>1
PC-V
TVS Tuned

·
13,239 Posts
go to youtube and you can hear most have poor motor sound or wind. It seams most shut off sound and add bad music

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Get an external microphone (http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=gopro+microphone&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR5.TRC1.A0.Xgopro+microphone+windscreen&_nkw=gopro+microphone+windscreen&_sacat=0 or [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Microphone-GoPro-Silver-Editions/dp/B009XN0ZT6/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1388607361&sr=1-4&keywords=gopro+microphone+windscreen[/ame]) with windscreen and put it somewhere away from direct wind contact. It will only pick up the deeper tones of the exhaust, that is, if you have an aftermarket exhaust, because with stock pipes all you'll hear is your grandma's sewing machine. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
I was waiting for a crash or for a lizard to run out in front of you... note: don't show that to guests who come visiting, watch cops instead. thumb up

·
Registered
257 Posts
I was waiting for a crash or for a lizard to run out in front of you... note: don't show that to guests who come visiting, watch cops instead. thumb up
Lol a crash thanks for believing in me. Yes very boring video just had some friends from IA wanted to see the view's. It got better up ahead but there was a death bike ran off a cliff so that video is no longer around.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts