Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Insert your name here below

Dear_________________________,
I picked up a GoPro this winter and cant wait to start filing some of my rides!!! Do any of you guys use a GP if so what mounts are you using the most? and where are you mounting it?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Helmet mount all the way !!! Look and see !

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Yeah I agree- helmet mount because that way you capture the views, as well as what happens on the road and can also capture the bikes dials.

The thing about GoPro that I've found is- there's only so much motorcycling I can watch, because my bike isnt in it.....now I've pretty much given up- it's too repetitive.

·
Registered
352 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Helmet mount

A helmet mount is the best as it reduces vibration. But guess what, down here in Australia one of the States, Victoria, have made it illegal to mount anything, including a GoPro on your helmet. Lucky I don't live there.

Kym

·
Registered
352 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
A helmet mount is the best as it reduces vibration. But guess what, down here in Australia one of the States, Victoria, have made it illegal to mount anything, including a GoPro on your helmet. Lucky I don't live there.

Kym

Really,that sucks

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
When I want to see the view over the bars I ride. If I should need to see where I rode before... I ride there again.

I'm sure I'm missing the point but it's worked out OK so far.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,964 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,964 Posts
No go-pro, just a girl on the back of my motorcycle with an old camera on video mode...still need more masking tape over the mike to get rid of the wind noise

https://vimeo.com/87465238

·
Registered
530 Posts
My wife and I collected quite a bit of gopro footage on the judge last year. I tried the bars but since they aren't straight i was always getting this slightly skewed view. Helmet mount is cool but everytime I'd turn my head it would produce a headachey jerky motion that was hard to watch. Chest mount for the win. Looks goofy on you. But for V-day. My wife put together a few clips for me (and made me ribs thumb up) and if you sat in just the right spot in front of my 50inch it felt like I was riding...or at least a video game version of me riding. All my best footage came from chest mount.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I went cross country five time using one......

I prefer the camera mounted about the clutch myself. I did a little helmet cam stuff but not that great in my opinion. I like the feeling of the camera on the bike giving you the concept you're the bike.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I went cross country five time using one......

I prefer the camera mounted about the clutch myself. I did a little helmet cam stuff but not that great in my opinion. I like the feeling of the camera on the bike giving you the concept you're the bike.
Thats why I like chest cam. You get the arms and can see your controls and the tach. and it doesn't move around with your head just seeing what the bikes sees and what you'd see.

·
Premium Member
8,964 Posts
Thats why I like chest cam. You get the arms and can see your controls and the tach. and it doesn't move around with your head just seeing what the bikes sees and what you'd see.
I think I prefer the girl behind me with a camera,
just gotta eliminate the wind noise.:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts