Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok.

So im 6'2 with a 2015 CC. Ive been riding my 2015 for about 8 months now and although i dont think the arm positioning is the worst w stock bars, im thinking about changing things up w gorilla bagger bars.

My old bike had 18 inch apes so these look nice and conservative haha.

My question is what exactly is it that people are having to sand/drill off? ive read some reviews from people complaining about this, i just cant remember what they called it.

Installation difficulty?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
There is a little nub on each of the switch housings , you can either drill a small hole in the bars at the proper position or you can simply grind or file the nubs off . Eeeezy-Peeezy .

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
ok.

So im 6'2 with a 2015 CC. Ive been riding my 2015 for about 8 months now and although i dont think the arm positioning is the worst w stock bars, im thinking about changing things up w gorilla bagger bars.

My old bike had 18 inch apes so these look nice and conservative haha.

My question is what exactly is it that people are having to sand/drill off? ive read some reviews from people complaining about this, i just cant remember what they called it.

Installation difficulty?
The plastic control housing that holds the Hi-Lo headlight and hazard switches has a small plastic nub molded into it. That nub fits into a hole in the handlebars to keep it from spinning on the bar. People are just grinding off that nub so they can angle the controls how they want.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The plastic control housing that holds the Hi-Lo headlight and hazard switches has a small plastic nub molded into it. That nub fits into a hole in the handlebars to keep it from spinning on the bar. People are just grinding off that nub so they can angle the controls how they want.
ok good to know, thanks. Hardest part of installation?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I thought I made that clear ...:grin

·
Registered
18 Posts
I put the Gorilla Bars on mine. Took around 5 hours by myself. I actually drilled the little hole in the bars for my controls. Heck, that was the easiest part of the installation!!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts