Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2013 Cross Country Saturday. I bought the Gorilla bagger bars HMD-90 last night online. Does anyone have experience with these? Pics? So far I am waiting for the Bassani exhaust, Tuner, pass floorboards and quick release pass back rest to come in. It came with Mustang seat, smoke windscreen and 50 state legal exhaust. This bike is going to be FUN!! I can't wait for it to warm up. Recommend good place for highway pegs?? I will be asking a million questions. I appreciate all the help in advance. One more question, how many of your friends with Harley's became peckers??

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
The HMD Gorilla Bagger bars are a huge improvement over the stock bars in terms of comfort. I'm only 5'8", but the bar height is absolutely perfect for me. Where the comfort improvement comes in, is the angle your wrists are in compared to the stock bars. I added the Ness Deep Cut comfort grips for the perfect setup for me. Good stuff.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gips

Do you have to destroy the stock grips to replace the handlebars????

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Do you have to destroy the stock grips to replace the handlebars????
No, but you do have to destroy your fingers pulling on the grip caps. cheers

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it just a pain in the A*&? Should I look at replacing and just cutting off like all the videos show?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is it just a pain in the A*&? Should I look at replacing and just cutting off like all the videos show?
The clutch side grip is a beast to get off. I never cared for the stock grips anyway. So many other choices out there.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The clutch side grip is a beast to get off. I never cared for the stock grips anyway. So many other choices out there.
You wasnt shittin!!!! I got it but WOW!! Huffin and puffin but that side and fairing off. Do other side and get new bars on tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
also came today

This came today also. Lotta work to do.

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
Easiest way to remove grips yet save them to reuse would be to use a small screwdriver and push it under grip. When inside there shoot a very little shot of WD-40 in there. Pull out and do 180 degrees opposite side of grip. Now work screwdriver around the grip sort of like the screwdriver is a knife and your peeling an apple. 1 min and its off. If you are reusing the grip run a rubbing alcohol rag inside to clean out WD-40.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts