Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off, i bought them from Phat Performance and paid the $10 rush process fee, which they wouldnt refund after the pipes were 4 days from arriving to them. So it took about a week and a half to get the pipes.... But whatever. I got them.

I was in no rush to get rid of my ness pipes, but i really like the volume(lower) of them, along with the bump in low-end torque. It has a weird whooshy/whistly sound during decel and low RPM's because of the tip, but it sounds excellent on accel and cruising.

I also need to find a factory exhaust bracket, because the bracket supplied from bassani bolts to that instead of replacing it.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
That is a damn fine looking exhaust system there. Does the kit include the header pipes?

You may find it quicker and easier to fab up a bracket on your own. If it is just a flat bracket it's a piece of cake to take a piece of firm cardboard like a file folder and cut one up to the size and shape you need along with the bolt holes. It gets more complicated if you need to put a couple angles in it. Any metal working shop should be able to help you with this; especially if you have already done the hard work of making a template.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Nice looking pipe right there ! I really like the tip , adds a good look to the chrome . Now that it looks like Bassani re-tooled it , it shouldn't drag in the corners .thumb up

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I also need to find a factory exhaust bracket, because the bracket supplied from bassani bolts to that instead of replacing it.
I believe you will also need the lower frame section too ... I have the exhaust bracket in black if you need it ...cheers

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice looking pipe right there ! I really like the tip , adds a good look to the chrome . Now that it looks like Bassani re-tooled it , it shouldn't drag in the corners .thumb up
I was dragging my heels a bunch this weekend, and it never even came close to scraping. The redesign for clearance was the main reason i got it.

·
13,247 Posts
Great looking bike now.

whats that hanging off your license plate

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great looking bike now.

whats that hanging off your license plate
In Texas, we have to display the inspection sticker on the motorcycle. Most motorcycle license plate holders have a metal bracket underneath it to display it. I have heard that you can relocate the bracket somewhere else on the bike, as long as it is visible.

From what I was told this past weekend when I got my Vegas inspected, Texas will start doing one sticker for registration and inspection, so there won't be a need for it.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
been lookin

i am interested in them as well, i guess its the new midlength with higher mounting you got, lots of ground clearance!! my tri-pro's are ok but heavy + if i could do without the boat anchor OE mount would be good. unless someone comes with a 304 stainless 2-1 like twobros are bring out for the other V-twin i may just get that setup. the tri-pro was installed by former owner on my preowned 13 ham!!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Very nice, I've been debating between the ProStreet slash cut or the road rage for my Jackpot. So we need a bracket that gets removed when doing swept pipes?

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
My road rage doesn't come close to dragging there's a lot of clearance.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
hey vindex

which model road rage are you running? been looking at them for some time. still wanting a lightweight 304 stainless 2-1, my tri-pro is decent + sounds good since drilling!!!

·
Registered
827 Posts
I love my Bassani Road Rage header. It was just a tad too quiet, so I took 2" of the fiberglass packing off of the removal-able baffle.

I've had a few HD rider say "that's the best sounding Victory they have ever seen".

They wouldn't say " that's the best sounding bike I've ever heard" but should have.

It has a slight purring rumble at idle, but crack the throttle under a load and it roars. In a tunnel it has an awesome rumbling roar.

·
Registered
781 Posts
MY dealer tried to sell me an inspection sticker plate that hose clamps to the left front frame downtube. I would have gotten it too-for a reasonable $ but they took a bad shot at me.. ($40) I literally "ha ha'ed" out loud at him with a major "are you effing stupid?" look on my face..

Point being- it's simply stuck/wrapped to the tube which is perfectly legit here in VA. Our stickers are kind of big- bigger than they need to be- but as long as they are placed in a manner that has the dates in plain view- all good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts