Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My victory whistles from the fuel fill, like its relieving pressure from inside..........does all of these bikes do that? My Honda VTX1800 and HD 1200XLC did not.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
My victory whistles from the fuel fill, like its relieving pressure from inside..........does all of these bikes do that? My Honda VTX1800 and HD 1200XLC did not.
My bike cannot whistle, but it sings various opera songs... these Victories are clever.:crzy:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
On my Cross bike the fuel tank vent runs under the seat and dumps by the back tire. Hammers I know bupkus. Thing is, if it is restricted venting will happen at the filler. You can trace that vent line and if it's clogged somehow, fix and reroute, or in my case I added a second section of hose at a tee to double the venting after I read about that solution on this forum.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I posted a thread about this as well. I recently cleaned my throttle body and I found why mine was doing it. When I removed the tank I pulled off the overflow hose under the tank and there was a little piece of gunk hanging out the flange on the tank. I pulled it out and blew some air through it and the hose. Haven't heard it since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts