Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i picked out my xmas gift and got a victory tachometer (dual pod setup), hope to install it today, the instructions seem straight forward.

One thing there is a stamp on it "MADE IN JAPAN" wtf... Pics to follow later

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Well, i picked out my xmas gift and got a victory tachometer (dual pod setup), hope to install it today, the instructions seem straight forward.

One thing there is a stamp on it "MADE IN JAPAN" wtf... Pics to follow later
Nothing wrong with "Made in Japan" - on the contrary, Japanese products are almost always of the highest quality. I'd much rather have made in Japan than China/India. Where did you get yours? I'm interested in fetching a Japanese tach for my XR too. :)

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
He got it for Christmas and it may have been by Japanese elves.

Be nice in 2012 and let Santa know you want one and he may bring you one too. Hopefully it won't be made by elves in China or India...

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
He got it for Christmas and it may have been by Japanese elves.

Be nice in 2012 and let Santa know you want one and he may bring you one too. Hopefully it won't be made by elves in China or India...
:ltr: Yeah, Japanese elves are far more detail oriented than those sloppy Chinese and Indian elves - nothing personal to anybody's nationality, race, color or religion! :eek:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree with Japanese quality, i own a nissan 350z aswell. Just thought that "the other american" motorcycle would make their own. It was purchased from Honda East Toledo, they seem to stock most victory accessories. It's dark out so no installing the tach today... if only my landlord wouldnt be an ass about storing the bike indoors.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I agree with Japanese quality, i own a nissan 350z aswell. Just thought that "the other american" motorcycle would make their own. It was purchased from Honda East Toledo, they seem to stock most victory accessories. It's dark out so no installing the tach today... if only my landlord wouldnt be an ass about storing the bike indoors.
You need a new landlord! Say "no" to biker haters. :D cheers

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
I put the Victory (japanese) tach on my Crossroads not long after I got and I love it. Install is easy just follow instructions and use a little soapy water solution on the rubber rings/dampers to ease installation. Good stuff.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Maybe it's made in Japan and the USA. The Tach shows USA on the face which either indicates the Victory is made in the USA, the Tach is made in the USA, or the instructions on the order that was sent to the Japanese manufacturer included added the USA text.

Another option (the logical option) is that the Tach is made in the USA and the mount is made in Japan.

The world may never know the true answer...

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Holy crap I can't spell for $h!t today! The worse part is I can't edit without looking like an idiot and double posting (not much luck with mobile posting)

Maybe it's worth it to edit, it makes my post count increase. That either makes me look like I have all the answers or like I think I have all the answers...

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I am completely confused now. That's not thinking I'm confused as much as knowing I'm confused.

Back to the subject there is a good chance that the mount is made in Japan and the Tach itself is made in the USA. Either way as long as it performs as designed and is reliable it doesn't really matter where it was made. Americans are still making money off the parts; the manufacturer doesn't ship directly to the buyer and even if they did somebody in the states would have to deliver it to your door.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
You guys are too funny.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am interested in adding a tachometer as well. I think that setup looks great. Is the wiring just a simple harness that plugs into an existing plug in the headlight housing?

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
It looks like the bracket is made in Japan from your pic,no?
Is that where the gauge is made also?
Also, why would you think Victory themselves would be in the Tach making business? They make the meat and potatoes of the important stuff.It would be very expensive to produce every single piece themselves,rather than let companies already setup to manufacture specialized pieces. I put one of those tach's on my bike right after I bought the bike .Excellent quality instrument.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It looks like the bracket is made in Japan from your pic,no?
Is that where the gauge is made also?
Also, why would you think Victory themselves would be in the Tach making business? They make the meat and potatoes of the important stuff.It would be very expensive to produce every single piece themselves,rather than let companies already setup to manufacture specialized pieces. I put one of those tach's on my bike right after I bought the bike .Excellent quality instrument.
The whole gauge is made in japan, saw another stamp after installing last week on the internals

1 - 20 of 21 Posts