Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked op my new cct last night. After almost 250 miles from dealer back home i found out that this is a great bike. If it wasn't for having to break it in we could have really rolled on the way home. Picked it up in texas where they have two lane highways with 75 mph speed limits. By time we got home it was almost 11 pm my wife was exhausted from the ride in her car and i was ready to go a few more hours. this bike is awsome.thumb upthumb up

·
Registered
85 Posts
:) Congrats on the new bike. I love my CCT also..... thumb up

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Great to hear , Whiskeydave !cheers

·
Registered
206 Posts
I bbought mine on the return leg of a cross country trip. Nebraska to Mississippi with no windshield was not very fun........

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mine only had the short windshield that comes on the cc, someone at the dealer must have swapped out the original windshield before i bought it. Tried to get them to swap it back to the original but they said that they didn't have one in stock, but it wasn't a bad ride with short windshield. Also i am not computer savy enough to put pictures on the computer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congrats. CCT is a beautiful bike. Ride safe.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Very happy for you and a little jealous. Mine has been sitting in the garage now for 10 days and not getting touched except to remove stickers. Of course I have the list of Mods I want to do. Just need to build bank account bank up after big Purchase.

10 day forecast high 33 Roads Salt covered.. Maybe in April I can ride.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I picked op my new cct last night. After almost 250 miles from dealer back home i found out that this is a great bike. If it wasn't for having to break it in we could have really rolled on the way home. Picked it up in texas where they have two lane highways with 75 mph speed limits. By time we got home it was almost 11 pm my wife was exhausted from the ride in her car and i was ready to go a few more hours. this bike is awsome.thumb upthumb up
Did you find any peculiarities, compared to what bikes you were used to? That is, did any of the suggestions from that earlier thread -- check air in the tires, etc. -- help you out, or were you just able to hop on and enjoy yourself, no issues, no tricks?

Regarding pics, if you can get a photo from your camera onto the PC somewhere, you just have to know where that photo is located, i.e., in what folder or directory or whatever you'd like to call it. It's quicker to do this than to describe it:

- When you're posting here, click on that icon that looks like a paperclip (just to the right of the smiley face), when you're on a Reply to Thread or Post New Thread page.

- That will open a new window or tab, called Manage Attachments. Click on the Browse button there.

- This will open a standard Windows (or are you using a Mac?) file navigation box., and navigate your way to the folder/directory where the pic is, click on the particular pic, and then click the Open button.

- That will bring you back to the Manage Attachments tab/window. Click the Upload button.

- Wait a bit for the file to upload -- you'll see the file name under Current Attachments in the Manage Attachments tab/window when the upload is finished -- and then click the Close this window button at the very bottom center of the Manage Attachments page.

- You'll now be back on the regular Reply to Thread or Post New Thread page, where you can hit Submit Reply or Submit New Thread.

That's it. You could have resized your original photo to get it to be the max viewing size allowed here, but that's not really necessary (and I'm still not clear on that myself, after posting dozens of pics). Just try the method above, and see what happens. And if you're unable to navigate to the original photo on your PC with a typical Windows locate-a-file dialog box, you should probably have someone show you how to do this, and then you'll be all set.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nacadoches Texas. About air in tires i told them to check air pressure in tires and rear shock and to check engine oil because it was 4 hours to ride home and didn't want any problems. Well this morning i figured i better check it over just in case. Found that they didn't check anything over. There was no air in shock, 20 psi in both tires, oil was in hatch marks, no tool kit, no owners manual, keys don't lock trunk, panel that says 106 has missing clip so it is loose, passenger floorboards almost fell of due to no clip on pin that holds them on and they backed out about 3/4 of the way and this was after they took the bike in the back for 11/2 hours after i asked them to check it out and showed me the checklist that was completed on the predelivery inspection.:mad:

·
Registered
25 Posts
What a bummer...!!

Do they gave you a sweet deal?? $$??

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
$19700 for a left over 13 new bike, I don't know what other people are paying for theirs, nobody wants to talk price and most dealers did not want to , they wanted to give me list and basicily told me if i wasn't already writing them a check they couldn't give me a price. That was the best price i could get and am happy with it. As for as the problems with bike they are miner, Just thought most could have been prevented by someone that took a little pride in their work.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Whiskey D,
Just a little curious regarding windshield, how many screws are in "each" windshield bracket and did hard lowers come with the bike?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
We hear way too often about half-assed predelivery inspections. Got one myself on my XR. You need to call and complain (I did) and make sure the service manager understands that one of his techs think it's okay to skip stuff (or in your case, everything). If the service manager acts like it's not a big deal, then you know where the real problem is, and that dealership should be avoided like the plague.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Windshield has 4 screws total, 2 on each side, it is the same windshield that comes on the cross country. Yes it does have hard lowers and adjustable plastic pieces on forks. I was told it had short windshield on it before i drove 4 hours one way to buy it and i agreed on price with it, Just pointing out things that were not done corectly before purchase. You just have to do it yourself if you want it done right. But in all still happy with bike, miner problems that can be fixed easily. Will call dealer tomorow to see what they will do.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Its important you realize you do NOT have the right brackets. The CCT has brackets with 3 screws in each, for a total of six screws. Just pointing this out in case you decide to not return to the dealer to get get yourself unf#cked.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I won't be going back to that dealer just because of how far they are. I am hoping that they can send me missing parts and i can fix myself. I was thinking of putting on a klock werks windshield will it work with the brackets that i have? I don't know if dealer will do anything extra to make me happy but as long as i get my bike right i'll be satisfied, maybe a free t-shirt or something would be nice.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I won't be going back to that dealer just because of how far they are. I am hoping that they can send me missing parts and i can fix myself. I was thinking of putting on a klock werks windshield will it work with the brackets that i have? I don't know if dealer will do anything extra to make me happy but as long as i get my bike right i'll be satisfied, maybe a free t-shirt or something would be nice.
Yes, the KlockWerks Flare -- and any other windshield meant for the XC, as opposed to the XCT -- will bolt right on, using the four holes. That is, for windshield purposes, it sounds as if you now have an XC. I discussed this in a post here, http://www.victoryforums.com/showpost.php?p=704298&postcount=2 , and you may want to read that and other windshield threads; this is a pretty good one: http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=67578

1 - 20 of 34 Posts