Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spur of the moment thing. He wasn't busy, price was reasonable and I had been thinking about filling in that expanse of white on my XCT. :)

This pic is when he started to add the blue to the grey he had already done.

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
how about some close up pics of the final job?

Spur of the moment thing. He wasn't busy, price was reasonable and I had been thinking about filling in that expanse of white on my XCT. :)

This pic is when he started to add the blue to the grey he had already done.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's one of the trunk. I need to take more photos. The few I have were taken during the process before he was done.

Attachments

·
Registered
693 Posts
Can't tell from the pics, but looks like he's actually doing it by hand? Very cool! My wife has some extensive striping on her bike too. Always loved the way it looks. Been thinking about doing it to our truck.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can't tell from the pics, but looks like he's actually doing it by hand? Very cool! My wife has some extensive striping on her bike too. Always loved the way it looks. Been thinking about doing it to our truck.
Yes he did it by hand with a urethane acrylic paint. I just took some photos out in the garage. The bike is a bit dirty sdince I rode in the rain 4 times since the striping was done. Have to wait a week to wash the bike and 2 weeks before waxing.

Up front I have top say I am mostly happy with the striping but I am not crazy about what he did on the tank. Less would have been fine with me but he got carried away.

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
.. and here is the last photo... thanks for looking. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
That really looks fantastic and adds that extra touch which makes the bike pop. I need to look into this for my bike....

looks great!! I think I saw him at Arizona Bike Week... awesome stuff!

·
13,002 Posts
Tell a pin striper what you have to spend don't let them tell you

Love the way the blue breaks up all the white

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I pulled my bike into a pin-stripers stall on Saturday to do LETTERING on my bike, but I changed my mind at the last minute.

I have the RAISED plastic adhesive letters on the bike now and they look great...BUT the adhesive is starting to lift and also it is difficult to keep clean between the raised letters.

Anyway, he was gonna charge me $45 per side. The image below is what I was gonna get painted on my bike...

Wally

Attachments

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Yes he did it by hand with a urethane acrylic paint. I just took some photos out in the garage. The bike is a bit dirty sdince I rode in the rain 4 times since the striping was done. Have to wait a week to wash the bike and 2 weeks before waxing.

Up front I have top say I am mostly happy with the striping but I am not crazy about what he did on the tank. Less would have been fine with me but he got carried away.
To my eyes, the tank looks good, but I think he went a bit crazy on the center portion of the fairing. Very nice work though.

Bottom line: As long as you're happy with it...thumb up

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Here is my tank NOW...and this is what I am thinking with a pinstriper.

Attachments

·
Registered
931 Posts

I love it, How much did he charge ig you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I love it, How much did he charge ig you dont mind me asking?
He wanted $350 but did it for $250 'cause it was raining and business was slow.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Hey Ron,

Looks great and the price was right! thumb up

1 - 20 of 24 Posts