Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, long time lurker. Finally got my Vic, 2012 XCT in black. Dealer put the '13 badges on it for free! My last ride was a 2008 Suzuki C109RT.

I bought it in NC and live in FL. Picked it up Saturday morning and commenced my 400 mile trip home. She ran like a dream and I had no issues...

Until after I hit a crazy rain storm. Then the volume down button started acting up, first by tuning down then failing completely. First day, brand new bike, and now I cant use the radio :mad::mad::mad:

The local dealer didn't have the switch in stock so I am without a stereo for the first week and a half of ownership. WTF Victory!!!

Still, with over 800 miles on it in less than a week of ownership I am very happy. But I am thinking of contacting corporate to file a formal complaint - a $20k motorcycle should NOT have issues like this!

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Hey everyone, long time lurker. Finally got my Vic, 2012 XCT in black. Dealer put the '13 badges on it for free! My last ride was a 2008 Suzuki C109RT.

I bought it in NC and live in FL. Picked it up Saturday morning and commenced my 400 mile trip home. She ran like a dream and I had no issues...

Until after I hit a crazy rain storm. Then the volume down button started acting up, first by tuning down then failing completely. First day, brand new bike, and now I cant use the radio :mad::mad::mad:

The local dealer didn't have the switch in stock so I am without a stereo for the first week and a half of ownership. WTF Victory!!!

Still, with over 800 miles on it in less than a week of ownership I am very happy. But I am thinking of contacting corporate to file a formal complaint - a $20k motorcycle should NOT have issues like this!
Welcome aboard and congrats on your new XC. cheers

Sounds like water got into your auto control box - Fortunately it is covered under warranty, so you can let the local dealer fix this for you. ;) Ask them to swap one off another XC, and they can replace theirs it once their part comes in.

·
12,970 Posts
Its not a bad thing to ride now and then with out a radio that way you can hear the bike.
All will be good soon great riding to you

·
Registered
470 Posts
and you better get used to having to order almost anything,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a simple problem, and a simple fix. But given how well engineered the rest of the bike is I am surprised that a little rain can take down any of the electronics. Seems like something obvious that should have been addressed at design time.

And visionjohnny - This is the first time I have ever had a stereo! I agree, it's good to listen to the bike and learn all the noises, but it would also be nice to rock some tunes on the way home from work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At least I can post pictures once I get my links right... oops...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Damn, I didn't realize you were so close! Seen your posts all over, you have some well earned respect.

I only paid 18+T,T,R, could you have gotten close? One way or another I will make a trip out to see you sometime. I love life at the beach but Gainesville is a cool place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts