Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 2012 KP today. Now I finally have a bike that matches my helmet (white)!

What a huge improvement the transmission is over the 2008 Vegas 8-Ball I traded in.

This bike might be my last I like it so much.

I have some US saddlebags that will fit on this bike but am reluctant to cover up the beautiful paint job. Any other good ways to carry stuff on this bike besides saddle bags?

regards
Mike
2012 Kingpin
Scootsdale AZ

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Leave the bags off unless you're going to need them and/or wear a backpack. Hello Kitty and Sponge Bob backpacks are not suggested though...

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Victory makes a nice trunk for the King Pin. If you still need more room you could get a water proof duffel bag, Ortlieb or the like, and set it on the passenger seat and strap to the trunk bracket. Not sure how easy it is to take the trunk on and off though. The trunk also hides the cheap looking license plate holder a bit. Have fun with it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Attachments

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Sweet kingpin. Love the white. Congrats. thumb up

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Got my 2012 KP today. Now I finally have a bike that matches my helmet (white)!

What a huge improvement the transmission is over the 2008 Vegas 8-Ball I traded in.

This bike might be my last I like it so much.

I have some US saddlebags that will fit on this bike but am reluctant to cover up the beautiful paint job. Any other good ways to carry stuff on this bike besides saddle bags?
I love it! The King is still probably my fav Vic and if I could have gotten it in the White and Silver I'd probably have one of those instead of a XR, though I'm very fond of my XR too.

Anyway, I put a Kingpin trunk on my XR. If I had a Kingpin I would add it in lieu of saddlebags. Trunks are sooo much more useful than having to bend over, unlatch, rummage around, then re-latch saddlebags, especially when you're geared up. Much easier to twist the butterfly latch while standing erect and grab my belongings and split.

If I were going to go touring solo, I'd just throw an additional touring pack on the back seat. Between that and the trunk, I could pack enough stuff to be gone a month. I need a bike to tour with my wife, in the event my FJR is down, so the XR makes more sense for me.

Here's a pic of what the Kingpin trunk looks like:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes it is the white that sold me. Actually I was going for the XR or possibly a Triumph Bonneville but lately I've wanted a white bike. And when it comes right down to it I can't afford the XR or XC. Since I do a lot of freeway I gave up on the Bonneville idea

Thanks for the trunk idea. Does the trunk work without getting the Victory saddlebags?

Last question is my signature to long? I've had too many bikes.

Regards

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Yes it is the white that sold me. Actually I was going for the XR or possibly a Triumph Bonneville but lately I've wanted a white bike. And when it comes right down to it I can't afford the XR or XC. Since I do a lot of freeway I gave up on the Bonneville idea

Thanks for the trunk idea. Does the trunk work without getting the Victory saddlebags?

Last question is my signature to long? I've had too many bikes.

Regards
Yes, the trunk works without the saddle bags but not sure if its the quick release type or not. For sure it does not hide the beautiful paint and rear wheel. thumb up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts