Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got back from north ga powersports. had my stage 1 flash done and went ahead and had them install the vic high flow air filter. it was between mountain motorsports, tommys in Crossville, and north ga where to get it done. all are about 1-1/2 hrs away. I had trouble getting ahold of tommys, and the people at north ga were just nicer, so I went there. they did a good job for a good price, and even sold me some passenger floorboards for a price I couldn't pass up. the bike runs a lot smoother now, and more power, but i'm more impressed with the smoothness. it doesn't pop any more now than when it just had the cherry bombs with no filter or pipes. it does pop pretty good when you are getting on it and shifting fast, but no more or less than before. overall I am very happy with it, now to go out and install the floorboards.

·
Registered
918 Posts
glad you like it will sound better after a few hundred miles
did they have a lot of clothing or just a little bit like vp did

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Thanks for the update ridealittle! I will probably do the same thing in the next month or so. I was kind of hoping to get some of the popping to go away with the flash but looks like that will not happen but glad to hear it did not get worse. We should get the Tennessee XR's together for a ride one day this summer!

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I was kind of hoping to get some of the popping to go away with the flash but looks like that will not happen but glad to hear it did not get worse.
There is a guy here who had a Stage 1 put on his Judge. He was having issues and the dealer put it in some learn mode and rode it around for 20 minutes, after which it corrected itself.

If Ridealittle has the Stage 1 pipe and hears popping, he might want to try that. If it's an aftermarket pipe, prolly gonna need to buy a tuner and get it tuned if it's bothersome.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Thanks for the update ridealittle! I will probably do the same thing in the next month or so. I was kind of hoping to get some of the popping to go away with the flash but looks like that will not happen but glad to hear it did not get worse. We should get the Tennessee XR's together for a ride one day this summer!
that sounds good to me

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Ridealittle has the thrush (glass pack) mod and I have the WD baffled which is also a glass pack baffle mod but slightly different. I know the S1 pipe is also a glass pack baffle design but the length and diameter must make it more restrictive (and more quiet) to the point where most do not get pops from them. Many also don't get pops from the WD pipes but I do, I think every 106 is slightly different in different bikes and some handle an exhaust upgrade better than others.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
that sounds good to me
Maybe we can get something set up one day this summer. If you guys or anybody else is going to ride our little curvy road (the snake or hwy 421) out of Bristol this summer then let me know. Not the best road in the world but a few good sweeping curves plus you get the extra challenge of avoiding rock slides and gravel that 18-wheelers pull into the curves.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you don't mind me asking, what did it cost you for the flash? I'm going to get a price from my dealer and it would be nice to compare.
I will pm you, they quoted a standard price over the phone but gave me a break when I had the work done, but I don't know if they would want me telling everyone. they did a flash, plus put on the stage 1 air filter I already had so cheap I wouldn't even think of fooling with it myself.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it still just pops when I get on it upshifting, never any other time. I just had 2 pops all the way home, over 100 miles. the humidity was low yesterday, its always worse when its low. its nothing I can't live with.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Ridealittle has the thrush (glass pack) mod and I have the WD baffled which is also a glass pack baffle mod but slightly different.
What is WD?

I know the S1 pipe is also a glass pack baffle design but the length and diameter must make it more restrictive (and more quiet) to the point where most do not get pops from them.
What do you mean by glass pack? I figured that was like a sportbike exhaust that used fiberglass surrounding a louvered straight pipe. The pipe on my S1 is indeed a straight pipe. I can stick a broomstick right up to the cats. I hate replacing the fiberglass. Was hoping the louvered pipe just dumped the noise to a thicker pipe.

·
Registered
264 Posts
What is WD?

What do you mean by glass pack? I figured that was like a sportbike exhaust that used fiberglass surrounding a louvered straight pipe. The pipe on my S1 is indeed a straight pipe. I can stick a broomstick right up to the cats. I hate replacing the fiberglass. Was hoping the louvered pipe just dumped the noise to a thicker pipe.
Probably refers to Magnaflow Glasspack mufflers or similar. I have the Magnaflow mod on my XR and it's a deep rumble, but not overly loud at cruising speeds. WD is Witchdocters.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ridealittle

Glad we could help out with your flash and it was good meeting you.

Rainman123

We just in a a new shippment of Victory apparel. Dont have a ton of stuff but have a little of everything now.

And just to let yall know all of our old apparel stock is 35% to 50% off.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Ridealittle

Glad we could help out with your flash and it was good meeting you.

Rainman123

We just in a a new shippment of Victory apparel. Dont have a ton of stuff but have a little of everything now.

And just to let yall know all of our old apparel stock is 35% to 50% off.
Ok thanks for the info will try to make it down there soon

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
they have a beautiful red cross country demo down there for sale, I almost asked how much it was but I was afraid I would have to have it.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What is WD?

yeah its just fiberglass wrapped around a baffle core. it will blow out eventually, over time, but probably will take years. i'm not sure on a bike though, the bombs and thrush's on a hopped up v8 with headers would blow out in months.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts