Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always rode dirt bikes when I was a kid and finally got back into it a few years ago with a Suzuki Boulevard M50. But with an eBay bid on a 2009 Kingpin and a road trip with my son to pick it up in Chicago, my Victory dreams came true. If I had all the money in the world (and I don't), this would be the bike I'd buy. Could not be happier. Mods to come (fairing, plate holder, new signals and maybe hard bags) but those are custom things for fun. What a ride!!

Vince

·
Premium Member
12,988 Posts
Yeah. The KP's are awesome machines. The ride, handling, powerband, and extra shock travel really make it a true riders ride. About the only time I wish I had a 6th gear is when I ride over 80 mph. It runs fine but just feels like another gear would make it even better.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah. The KP's are awesome machines. The ride, handling, powerband, and extra shock travel really make it a true riders ride. About the only time I wish I had a 6th gear is when I ride over 80 mph. It runs fine but just feels like another gear would make it even better.
But..........mine does have a 6th gear. Was that not standard? You'll all have to forgive me, I'm new to this and I really don't understand some of the model designations......mine is a 2009 Kingpin 8-ball. I ahd thought that the 8-ball was a designation for "blacked out options". Is that accurate? OR maybe it refers to the 6th gear overdrive......???

·
Premium Member
12,988 Posts
I forget which year got the 6 speed. The early ones like mine have 5.

Yes. You are right. The 8-Ball version is the blacked type. On the Vision and Cross bikes they are more basic without some of the bells and whistles. They are an excellent platform for someone who intends to paint it anyway or want the blacked out look which many do.

Here is a good site to compare different makes, models, and years.

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2009models/2009-Victory-Kingpin8-Ball.htm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts