Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, new to XC but not to Victory (had a 2008 Vision prior).

So what do I need? Ha

I have:

Clock Werks shield, Tri-Oval exhaust and a backrest.

Coming off the Vision I liked the protection from my lowers so What options are there? I have the round bars for now. Not sure about the forged ones. I do like them though. Not really sure I want the Tour hard lowers just yet.

Anything else I should be thinking about?

Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
144 Posts
Idea's

I was really surprised at how much the Utopia Drivers Backrest made it way more comfortable. I seem to have a habit of slouching and after about an hour get back pains. But not at all with the Utopia Drivers backrest.
Keep riding! thumb up

·
Registered
189 Posts
Congrats, I'm still waiting for my XC. It's been 2 weeks and the dealer is still waiting on parts. Maybe next week.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Lloydz quarter turn throttle ring...really changes the drive-ability of the machine... $20 plus shipping.

·
Registered
367 Posts
HD headlight from Vic.hd
Dain brake pedal

·
Registered
636 Posts
I also like the versatility of the soft lowers for my forged bars.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Do the stage 1 trioval kit it really wakes up the torque of the 106 C.I. engine and it sounds great as well. Worth the price of admission.

Also the utopia backrest of the best available plus it is American made so you are supporting an American when you buy one. The install is simple and the quality of the product is second to none.

I also recommend the HID headlight kit from Victory. It is DOT legal unlike the cheap after market kits.

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
I was looking at those hard lowers. I have round bars. My bike is black , maybe they come that color. I saw some place a guy was talking about painting them.

Bill
They might come in black. The ones for the forged bars do or at least my set did. I still haven't painted them yet. No one ever says anything like they need paint or look like chit.

Do the stage 1 trioval kit it really wakes up the torque of the 106 C.I. engine and it sounds great as well. Worth the price of admission.

Also the utopia backrest of the best available plus it is American made so you are supporting an American when you buy one. The install is simple and the quality of the product is second to none.

I also recommend the HID headlight kit from Victory. It is DOT legal unlike the cheap after market kits.
I like the Utopia backrest ( the short police version would be the one I would pick if I bought another one). Unfortunately it doesn't work with the Ultimate seat I bought so I went with a Mustang backrest although the Victory one would also work.

Can't speak to the performance of the Tri-Oval mufflers but they do sound good.

I'm very happy with the victoryhid.com headlights I went with. I only buy the low beam and did it for both bikes. Both working great to this day. They do need to be re-adjusted after installation because they do put out some really good light. YMMV. Spending an extra $450 for the Vic HID just isn't something I would do. I personally could care less if it's DOT legal just like exhaust systems and zillion other little insignificant laws on the books theses days. It's normal and natural, and I believe our right, to ignore ridiculous laws as they make them. Ninety percent of the time they are just justifying their jobs when they make them. (Jumping off soap box now) ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts