Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got my XC but got a buffeting question

Whats up everyone!!!

Been lurking on here for a while and finally got my XC a couple of weeks ago!!

2014 XC, Matte Suede Titanium. Had 4300 miles and no modifications.

First time I rode it was at low speed and wow, what a difference from my sport bike. A few days later rode it on the freeway and wanted to shoot myself. The buffeting was horrible. Don't get me wrong, I am a big guy, 6'1" about 240lbs, and there is no way I would ever fit behind the tiny little shield on my sport bike but the aerodynamics were much much different.

Ordered a Windvest 9" and it made a good difference. Before it would begin the buffeting at around 50, now it went up to 68-70mph. ALready got an appointment at Corbin to get a seat made, Also have a long shopping list of things to buy!!

Either way I love the bike. So I have a quick question: which is better?

or

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Get both!

Friend has the lowers, the long ones up top. He really likes them and says they make a big difference.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
The winglets in the second photo work in conjunction with the lowers found on the cross country tour model. If I remember correctly, several have posted they don't do much on their own. I'd go with the set in the first photo.

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Wouldn't you think Victory would fit the stuff to stop buffeting as everyone that's ridden an XC complains about it....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts