Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my XCT today from Jacksonville, NC. Had a great first ride home. Now I'm contemplating the 2" pullbacks to put me in a more relaxed sitting position. I'm 5'8" so the reach was just a touch short. Can't wait to put some big miles on this Summer!thumb up

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think you'll enjoy it, I know I'm having a great time with mine. I agree about the pullbacks. That may be my first add on. After a long ride my elbows feel it. I'm the same size as you, so it's either the bars or a backrest to move me forward a little.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Congrats and a great ride I too am the same height my first add on was the driver backrest just shy of 17000 miles on my 2013 I really don't feel I would want the pull backs but hey every body is different good luck welcome you got a great ridecheers

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Congratulations on your new CCT, I'm sure you'll love it.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Picked up my XCT today from Jacksonville, NC. Had a great first ride home. Now I'm contemplating the 2" pullbacks to put me in a more relaxed sitting position. I'm 5'8" so the reach was just a touch short. Can't wait to put some big miles on this Summer!thumb up
They are a great bike, now go to your Victory dealer and support them by ordering the hydraulic clutch kit. The kit is for the Vegas and Jack Pot bikes but it fits the cross country bikes as well. All you have to do is run the hydraulic line down the left side of the frame instead of the right side like the clutch cable.

This install takes all of 30 minutes to do and that includes removing the clutch cable.

It is the single best upgrade you will do to your bike. Next go to http://www.saddlebaglinerkit.com/ and buy their saddle bag and trunk liners. Watch both videos they have and you will be able to install these with no trouble.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Welcome to the club. The XCT is a great bike to ride.

Put some miles on her and then there might be a few tweaks and mod you will like to do. The 2 in bars I have on mine I am 6'5" love the position and the dealer recommended them to me.

Seat you might be comfortable with it for a while but at 270# I got rid of mine in favor of an Untimate, which is OK but I still need better foam in it for hot weather.

If you are going to do Comms between the pass and you go Blue tooth. The factory wired is OK but an expensive install.

Don't know what you came from, me it was a 05 Gold Wing. The performance just wasn't there for me. Two up and a trailer the bike worked too hard in OEM trim.

It took me a while to realize that a set of Cams, time wheel, pipes, Air filter and PCV with a dyno tune made the bike altogether new and a screem to ride. Much cooler too! If I knew then what I know now I would have installed cams right after the break-in period.

It is a great bike to begin with now it is Mine! and Simply Awesome. Thanks HC!

·
Registered
848 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Proof delivered! I'm going for a ride today. It's supossed to hit 45 degrees! thumb up

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congrats on your purchase...you will not regret it. I traded in my 04 Kingpin this past July for a 2013 CCT and took a 7,000 mile cross country trip with my buddy who has a 2013 Goldwing. Both the CCT and the Goldwing performed flawlessly however the edge on comfort definitely went to the CCT because of the seat and foot positions. I ordered my CCT with a number of options including Tri-Oval exhaust, GPS, XMRadio, etc. (all well worth the expense, especially on long trips).

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Found the+2 bars on fleabay for $269 new with free shipping. By the sheer amount of Polaris stuff the guy has for sale on his store, he runs a shop somewhere...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice buy! Hopefully I'll have mine this week to get installed on Saturday. cheers

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So in 15 days I've added the bags/trunk lining, drivers backrest and just finished up 2" pullback bars. I've got $142 burning a hole in my pocket...:D

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I did the Day-Long saddle and Madstad screen. Awesome comfort level with that. 3000 miles in 6 days with some technical underwear and I could ride all day long!

Plus the cams, etc for the 120hp.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts