Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Every year I spot more and more Vics(Indians too) around my town, there are no Victory dealerships very close either....We do have a big HD dealership smack-dab in the middle of town so there always seems to be an extra amount of those thingies around.

Reactions: broggyr

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Head up to NETN and you will atleast see one other Vic (mine). I have been on my XR for 4 years and have yet to see another XR in the wild. Seen plenty of XC, vegas, vision and even a judge or two. We did get a Indian/Vic dealership last year and I have been seeing quite a few Indians running around here. I hate to say it but Polaris is doing much better with Indian than Victory up my way.

Reactions: GatorJoe

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Head up to NETN and you will atleast see one other Vic (mine). I have been on my XR for 4 years and have yet to see another XR in the wild. Seen plenty of XC, vegas, vision and even a judge or two. We did get a Indian/Vic dealership last year and I have been seeing quite a few Indians running around here. I hate to say it but Polaris is doing much better with Indian than Victory up my way.
Our dealer is moving more Indians; however, Polaris is pushing them harder right now. What I have complained about, and probably will again, is that they have a much smaller area for Vic clothing and such than they do Indian. They have sold several Slingshots this winter too.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Our Indian Dealer bought the Victory franchise from another dealer about 25 miles away. I asked him how they were selling and he said "When we bought the franchise, we thought we would sell about 3:1 Indians to Vics (respectively) but it's really about 1.5:1."
That really surprised me. Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if it is now closer to 2:1 with all of the new models that Indian has.

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
I was in AZ for three weeks and every time I turned around, I kept seeing them. Really wish I was able to bring my own :\

·
Registered
149 Posts
I called the "first Indian dealer in the country" the other day because I needed a part and they are about 20 miles form my house. I asked them about a Vic part and they told me that they are no longer carrying the Victory line. Indian must be selling really well if that dealership can drop Vic.

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Mark4Jesus?? I was just getting used to the Mark1 version. :) Sorry, I missed my meds today.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
The Indian/Vic dealer in Bristol is owned by one of the local car dealership moguls. He renovated an old Volvo/Dodge dealership and really did a good job with it. The downside is that he parks new Ford & Dodge vehicles around the perimeter of the parking lot which IMO makes what could be a really cool place kind of tacky. About 60% of the sales area is Indians and they are up front. Taking up 30% and in the middle of the floor is the used bikes. The last 10% and in the back are usually 3 Victorys and one rack with a few Vic t-shirts. Really sad. I stopped by this dealership back in the Fall to have my saddlebag latch recall done. I had two different people and one salesman hovering around my bike. The one guy said my bike is excactly what he is looking for. My bike then went into the shop and the salesman tried to buy my XR. I of course declined.

Reactions: rainman123 and RICZ

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My local dealer is set up similar. Indian has more floor space. When you walk in, Indian on the right, Slingshot in the center, Victory on the left. They don't carry as much Vic gear as they do Indian. I noticed today though that they now have a rack on the wall to hang accessories. I also noticed that there is a much bigger variety of Indian clothing than Victory, this based on what is available on the website and how much Indian gear they have for sale.

Right now they have 17 new Vics and 30 new Indians in the showroom.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Lot more Victorys now

Lots more Victorys now in the Phx area. When I bought my XR in 2011 I would hardly see another one out west of Phoenix. Now I see quiet a few of them. Phx bike show was pretty good to me, lots of Victorys to ride at the demo event.
:smile

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I guess Victory just could never really catch on over in these hills. The HD culture is really strong around here. Everybody I know who has a motorcycle owns an HD except for 1 guy I normally ride with. Those who own them are seriously brain washed and would not own anything else even if it was free. The new Indian dealership in town has a really nice covred porch area with fire pit and built in grill. Quite a few people hang out there on the weekends but 80% of the people there are on HD's mainly because the other HD dealership in town does not have a hangout place.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I work with in eye shot of the Vic dealer and travel down 153 from 27 to work. I have rode into work with 2 other Vic's before and have started to see more and more Vics at nightfall and other place around Chattanooga . They are more than you realize and when the weather gets better you will see more and more of them

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
71 Posts
I guess Victory just could never really catch on over in these hills. The HD culture is really strong around here. Everybody I know who has a motorcycle owns an HD except for 1 guy I normally ride with. Those who own them are seriously brain washed and would not own anything else even if it was free. The new Indian dealership in town has a really nice covred porch area with fire pit and built in grill. Quite a few people hang out there on the weekends but 80% of the people there are on HD's mainly because the other HD dealership in town does not have a hangout place.
I don't see many Victory's around here either, but for what it's worth you'll see me riding mine around on the regular.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I don't see many Victory's around here either, but for what it's worth you'll see me riding mine around on the regular.
Hey neighbor, nice to see someone else from these parts on this forum. I live off of "the snake" so you will see me at the Shady Valley country store every now and then.

Reactions: Sir Charles
1 - 15 of 15 Posts