Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the bike on the lift to check belt tension. As I was torquing down the axle nut, I had to loosen it up a touch and I noticed some play in the links for the shock. Roughly about 1/4" or so, I cant locate any spec for play. Would this be normal?
Its the connection where it pivots on the swingarm

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is where I noticed the play

Attachments

·
13,177 Posts
there is a guy here BBob that you can download a manual to your computer.
Am guessing it should have maybe a 1/8" side to side play but don't think a 1/4" is what you want

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Is #9 a bushing ? If it is , It may be smoked ..... #13 looks like a bearing too , may want to disassemble it for a check . Make sure you have proper torque specs for reassembly , that may be crucial to tightness , and your safety !

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The movement is up and and down. I have the manuals on my phone and pc, I'll check the bushing

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
9 Posts
I found the same play with removing the rear tire. I can lift the the swing arm up and down. I pulled that pin ( shaft ) and see needle bearing in side but i don't think thats the issue.
The pin just slides in and is held in by a set screw that just stops the pin from sliding out, there is nothing to hold that pin tight! Something should keep it tight. ?

sorry mine is different, ( 13 XCT) but still have the play...

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Is that side to side?
When I fitted the shock it came with spacer washers which gives a little side clearance,up and down I would say 1/4" at the wheel

Attachments

·
13,177 Posts
you half to remember its designed to have weight on it. Its not designed to be in the air with no weight on it

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
its normal on the cross bikes and visions

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mine is a 2004 vegas . I don't remember mine having play. I see you are in nj maybe we should get together. Would like to ride with a fellow vic

1 - 10 of 10 Posts