Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sound is not overbearing which I like and it definitely has some better pull. I am noticing a bit of popping now, it's not bad but during decel you hear it a bit.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have it too but I went with the one that is not california carb approved.

Did you get the tune program installed also?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have it too but I went with the one that is not california carb approved.

Did you get the tune program installed also?
The stage 1 came with the Performance Air box and re-tune, so yes.

·
13,003 Posts
you can un-hook your 02's and see if that helps. If not hook them back up. Its a 20 min job

·
Registered
251 Posts
I just picked mine up today after having the Stage 1 installed. Different bike for sure ! Have the timing wheel and quarter turn throttle on the way ! Cams next spring.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Had drilled my stocks out and liked the sound ok. Even running was quiet, kick and she sounded off. Went with the Ness honkers, the sound was a bit more than I had wanted but has grown on me. Thought the low end rumbled was going to be bad on the road but just did 1300 miles on and IBA ride and it was fine. ATS is going to liven it up and from what Lloyd said the stage one is rich enough to handle the ATS front filter and 2nd filter without a fuel control. MY need o2s unhooked for decel pop.

My 2 cents is 2nd filter and ATS are needed to get the Vison where she should be. Fuel control, adjustable intake and cams can come when you can afford it. As I posted after my run to lloydz, opted out of the cams focusing on the lower end torque getting 114 at 2600 or 2800 but only kicking 92hp. Forgot which. What it gave me was 7% grade hill climb in 6th gear accelerating up it like nothing. Am I going to add cams some day? Still not sure but have plenty of umph at very good mpg even when hammering it on the concrete sustained. 1/4 throttle ring is icing on the cake. Why did I wait!

Good luck on the next mods and safe ridin

Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts