1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
It's too tiny to be able to read it. Can you do a cut and paste to a forum post?

·
Premium Member
8,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I can try...
Polaris Industries to restructure Indian Motorcycle
business in Australia and New Zealand
Melbourne, Australia (January 10, 2020)
Polaris Inc. today announced it is restructuring its Indian Motorcycle dealer operations in
the Australian and New Zealand markets and intends to move to an independent
network of dealers starting later this year.
Polaris has managed the retail operations of its motorcycle brands through a network of
corporate-owned and independent dealerships since it entered the Australian and New
Zealand motorcycle market in 2008.

The decision to move from corporate-owned
dealerships to solely independent network of dealers will be a new retail approach for
Indian Motorcycle in Australia and New Zealand, but brings these markets in-line with
how the Company operates globally.
Alan Collins, Managing Director, Australia and New Zealand: “Setting up corporate-
owned dealership has been the right model for the past decade as we worked to
introduce brands, like Indian Motorcycle, to the Australian and New Zealand markets.
However, the response to Indian Motorcycle has reached a point where our customers
now need and demand more – more locations and more support.
We have big and bold
goals as we look to grow the Indian Motorcycle brand in this market.

Moving to an independent franchised network of dealers is more sustainable for us and our partners
as we look to grow in order to meet demand, while also enabling a broader network of
support and options for our customers.”

By the end of 2020, Indian Motorcycle in Australia and New Zealand will operate solely
with an independent dealer network. Indian Motorcycle will communicate directly with
customers regarding our specific plans in each market.
Collins, continued, “We anticipate no interruption to sales or customer service during this
transition, which will ultimately result in a significant expansion of our dealer network –
we plan to double our network over the next two years – to provide far greater coverage,
support and accessibility to customers across Australia and New Zealand.
It will remain
business as usual at our company-owned stores in the interim while we bring new dealer partners onboard.”

As a result of this change, Polaris will close its four company-owned stores, which are located in Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney, over the course of the next year. The company is committed to working directly with each location and will provide support accordingly for affected staff.

·
Premium Member
13,159 Posts
I remember when Polaris/Indian made what a lot of people believe were overbearing demands on Indian dealerships with minimum separated floor space for different models and accessory gear. It's no wonder so many have closed when those shops only sold 10 or 12 Indian bike per year. Not self supporting at all. I suspect Polaris has found those shops they own in AU and NZ are in the same boat.

Had Polaris been far more accommodating here in the USA they would have a much larger support base throughout the country. There was a shop within 3 miles of my place and another about 90 miles away. Both have shutdown. I don't even know where the next closest shop is. Probably Phoenix; 200 or miles away.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
I remember when Polaris/Indian made what a lot of people believe were overbearing demands on Indian dealerships with minimum separated floor space for different models and accessory gear. It's no wonder so many have closed when those shops only sold 10 or 12 Indian bike per year. Not self supporting at all. I suspect Polaris has found those shops they own in AU and NZ are in the same boat.

Had Polaris been far more accommodating here in the USA they would have a much larger support base throughout the country. There was a shop within 3 miles of my place and another about 90 miles away. Both have shutdown. I don't even know where the next closest shop is. Probably Phoenix; 200 or miles away.
I looks like Polaris would have learned that with the Victory dealerships. It got to the point that I had to go 400 plus miles to a Victory dealership a one time. Because the shop here and one a hundred miles away closed down. Plus many of the Indian dealerships also were obligated to work on Victory's. The one here now agreed to continue to service Victory's. I wished like hell the Triumph dealership would have not closed down here. They have some really great motorcycles these days.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Interesting times continue. At least my local independent shop, Farrows Customs in Nambour are prepared to do whatever work I can't do. Perhaps the final word on Victory might be: Great bikes, shame about the company.

·
Premium Member
8,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dealership in Brisbane are great, always have been with me, and I never bought my bike from them.
Be a real shame if they get shut down
Polaris sucks!

·
Premium Member
13,159 Posts
Dealership in Brisbane are great, always have been with me, and I never bought my bike from them.
Be a real shame if they get shut down
Polaris sucks!
It would almost be better if Polaris had never invented Victory Motorcycles. At least then we wouldn't know what we're missing.

·
Premium Member
8,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It would almost be better if Polaris had never invented Victory Motorcycles. At least then we wouldn't know what we're missing.
What a load of crap Bbob, geeze youre a drama queen mate!
Im missing nothing, got both my Vics and keeping em.
Victorys the best bike and always will be.

·
Premium Member
13,159 Posts
What a load of crap Bbob, geeze youre a drama queen mate!
Victorys the best bike and always will be.
You're as dumb as a rock dude. You completely missed the point. You couldn't be any dumber if someone took the rest of your 2mm brain away. Idiot.

Remember, when you hit me, I hit you back twice as hard. It's the American way.

I'd explain the nuance in my statement but you're too daft to understand it. Sheesh!

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
Children, children! Play nice or go home. Sheesh!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
So my take is, if they shift it over to "independent" dealerships, when they pull the plug they dont take it on the chin. The independent dealer will. When they came out they made dealerships, set aside "separate" space for Inian. The dealer in Lakeland remodeled an entire building they had for storage and service to display Indians. About a year later they jerked the plug on Victory.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
So my take is, if they shift it over to "independent" dealerships, when they pull the plug they dont take it on the chin. The independent dealer will. When they came out they made dealerships, set aside "separate" space for Inian. The dealer in Lakeland remodeled an entire building they had for storage and service to display Indians. About a year later they jerked the plug on Victory.
I bet they jerk the plug on Indian too.

·
Premium Member
8,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bet they jerk the plug on Indian too.
Indians are selling well here, for now anyway.
Anythings possible with Foolaris though, theyre a money driven machine lacking integrity.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Exactly. Enjoy what you have now. Ride on. Not like all the Victory bikes just stopped running when Polaris dropped the brand.

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
When my Vic wears out I'll toss it aside and buy another bike, it's rubber, metal and plastic nothing magical just a machine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts