Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty stupid too, I was in the garage checking out the bike. I had just let it down from the floor jack, I was checking over the tires and brake pads. So I decide to check out all my lights . I crank it up and check the blinkers and then decide to check the rear brake lights. So I stand back and reach my foot over to press the brake pedal to see if the rear brake lights come on. Only problem I am standing on the left side of the bike, so that was not the brake pedal. Luckily it did not go into gear but just bumped into gear briefly lurched forward off the kick stand and fell over. :eek: What a brain fart. Sum beech is still heavy to pick up.

Didn't damage the bike but the front tip over punched a hole in my gladiator flooring. :mad: Then a few minutes later as I am walking around the bike my shorts catch on the lower and I put a small crack at the one of the bottom screws. F%$#!!!

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Didn't damage the bike but the front tip over punched a hole in my gladiator flooring. :mad: Then a few minutes later as I am walking around the bike my shorts catch on the lower and I put a small crack at the one of the bottom screws. F%$#!!!
Long as you are OK life is good!
It's never if you are going to drop them it's always just a matter of when.

Your still swearing so you must be fine.thumb up

·
Premium Member
13,175 Posts
The Vision does have a nice tip over protection set up.

On the X bikes the back saddlebag bars have to be added to really get the same level of protection.

Not long ago I was putting my XC on a bike lift. It was an older model and extra high off ground so when I pulled up on it and put my foot down there was nothing there and down I went. Luckily my friend was there to help lift it so I could continue to change out the mufflers he has just done the glass pack mod on.

I was lucky. Nothing got hurt but those saddlebag bars more than paid for themselves that day.

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
Glad to hear you and the bike are OK. Next time you want to test the lights, just turn on the ignition switch and don't start the engine. Removes all possibility of drama.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I was recently at the Demo ride tent at my local dealer waiting to test the Vision. The group out on a ride just returned and the guy riding the Vision dropped it in the parking lot. I'm sure he was farking mortified! On the plus side it was a very impressive, non staged demonstration of the tip over protection. Demo crew came right over, showed how to right the bike. No damage visible. Although I'm sure there is a downside scuff somewhere. I took it right out after that and loved it! thumb up

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad to hear you and the bike are OK. Next time you want to test the lights, just turn on the ignition switch and don't start the engine. Removes all possibility of drama.
That is what I tried but my blinkers would not work until I cranked the bike. Is that not the norm?

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Sooner or later we all get to try out the tip overs. I tested mine by using them to install the custom shift linkage from WD. The stock was that nasty looking metal rod but I did not want to struggle with work on the left side so over she went. When I installed the timing wheel it was time to fold up the kickstand and put her down on the left tip overs. When I did front brake pads the right side was easy but the left was going to be a b**ch so over she went on the right tip overs. Those are great maintenance tools for me.

·
13,003 Posts
Back in 08 we pulled into this bar parking lot and there was a vision on its side. I had never heired of a vision or new of its beauty. Every one standing there had there mouths wide open.
The guy standing there said he dared any one with a harley to tip theres over and if no parts flew off he would give them a $100 bucks. This guy was a Vic engineer we found out.
No one stepped up. He picked up the vision and let it fall over again. I was a harley rider at the time and shocked at what I had just seen. I rode Arlen Ness's vision in sturgis a month later and new it was the bike for me.
By the way I have dropped mine three times. Walked away from bike and didn't even think of the kickstand

·
Registered
72 Posts
Oldman47, we must think alike! I tipped mine over to do the exhaust and the lowering link. I will also do it again when I put on the lowered kickstand next week. Best thing in the world..well next to peanut butter and jelly!!

·
13,003 Posts
wfsdno

there is a video on you tube where you pull kickstand down and stick all the Penny's or dimes in the opening of the spring before you take it off. Now it will stretched for easy on

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
The penny concept is simple. With little effort we can bend a spring enough to open a space big enough to place a penny into. Next bend the spring the other way and again insert a penny. You can add tons of length to a spring by just doing this back and forth. When the spring is long enough to mount it, do so. Next you put the stand down which tends to lengthen the spring. That makes removing the pennies with a pair of pliers that much easier.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks guys! I did my kickstand today. Used the dimes. It took longer to put the dimes in than to change out the kickstand.

Super easy on my vision. My kickstand bolt was in the open, no lines to move like on my friends XC.

You guys rock!!

Roger

·
Registered
586 Posts
Back in 08 we pulled into this bar parking lot and there was a vision on its side. I had never heired of a vision or new of its beauty. Every one standing there had there mouths wide open.
The guy standing there said he dared any one with a harley to tip theres over and if no parts flew off he would give them a $100 bucks. This guy was a Vic engineer we found out.
No one stepped up. He picked up the vision and let it fall over again. I was a harley rider at the time and shocked at what I had just seen. I rode Arlen Ness's vision in sturgis a month later and new it was the bike for me.
By the way I have dropped mine three times. Walked away from bike and didn't even think of the kickstand
This was all plain funny! Tears in my eyes. :)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Fortunately it's real easy to pick up the bike as well. I'm striving to keep it upright now that I've "tested" mine..... ;-)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts