• DISAGREE

Votes: 65 94.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First! I am not anti-guns... you want to kill someone, you don't need a gun. I am always concerned that one day some leftist groups will get their way and guns will be on the way out. The following is only a scenario.
Oh! I've heard the saying "from my cold dead hands" and this is of course commendable and heroic but.......

QUESTION:

[An American law has been passed and will be enacted beginning 2016 indicating that all privately owned guns must be taken to a certified retrieval site or risk an extreme penalty subject to confiscation of all belongings that will be searched and retained for an unlimited amount of time by a special government sanctioned force.]

This law will affect all people regardless of race or status.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
This would spark a Civil war , IMHO . I , and many , many acquaintances of mine would never give up our guns . Remember , the military and police all have family members that own guns , and a government order to confiscate may be ignored by them . I cant see the military or police turning on the people , and besides , we have an Article 2 that gives us the right to keep and bear arms . Period . Get over it Lefties , we are keeping our guns .thumb up

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I only give 2 choices in the poll because in reality, you would only have a single choice.

I'm thinking that if ever this were to come to fruition, there would have to be a technology that made the law irresistible and objecting would be futile.

Look! We all know that the desires of the forefathers means squat in the eyes of those who are experts at bending laws.

·
Registered
12,219 Posts
Even the bluest of the blue politicians realize that gun confiscation legislation is political suicide. What is troubling are the legions of those under 40(?) who spend their lives with their face in a screen. They don't read newspapers, they don't watch the evening news, or any other news source. They aren't aware and are uninformed. Life is good for them as long as they can stay "in touch" with their 2,000 closest virtual friends. The superficial level of their lives will pave the way to a government that will do whatever it wants. Obama's Executive Orders will look tame in comparison.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
These youngsters should be out target shooting , hunting , motorcycle riding and getting some exercise !:D

·
Registered
12,219 Posts
These youngsters should be out target shooting , hunting , motorcycle riding and getting some exercise !:D
Easier said than done Mags. We are in a sea of pansy metrosexuals who care more about a dog getting hurt than a human. They are anti military. They think government will take care of them--they were a huge voting block for Obama. They have more respect for thugs than police. They are anti business and anti car. They live in crowded cities where the politics are bluer that the air in China. I don't harbor much hope for this country once we are gone.

·
Registered
12,219 Posts
It's not easy being a Righty on the left coast. If you think people in Oregon and Washington have it better that those in California, you are fooling yourself. Both OR and WA have lib legislatures and governors. Not to mention most of the population is Urban Blue. Oregon's legislature convenes next month with a Dem super majority in both houses. So far, 31 tax bills have been submitted, three of them carbon tax schemes. And there are many anti gun bills in the hopper too. Washingtonians can not now give a gun to anyone - yes anyone - without a background check on the person to whom you are gifting the gun. As if background checks do any good--not here in OR, where there's little to no follow through.

·
Registered
352 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Washingtonians can not now give a gun to anyone - yes anyone - without a background check on the person to whom you are gifting the gun. As if background checks do any good--not here in OR, where there's little to no follow through.
What he said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

·
Premium Member
13,190 Posts
With well over 300 million guns and at least 90 million gun owners in America; there is no way they can take all our guns. It would be a blood bath to say the least.

The radical leftists are persistent though and will try to incrementally get to the point when confiscation is a possibility. Mandatory background checks for even selling to a friend is their first step. That way all guns are then documented by owner. Back East they actually have to get a permit to even own a gun which makes no sense at all.

The anti-gun freaks are control freaks first and foremost. All are mentally deranged and should not be allowed to vote let alone own a gun. Never trust a liberal.

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
Well I voted 'disagree' even though we've already been disarmed here in OZ.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Much ado about nothing... no such legislation has been passed. Let's worry about the serious stuff: like my proposal that politicians wear patches with the names of their sponsors (donors) like NASCAR drivers so we'll know who bought them.

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
Much ado about nothing... no such legislation has been passed. Let's worry about the serious stuff: like my proposal that politicians wear patches with the names of their sponsors (donors) like NASCAR drivers so we'll know who bought them.
Goodone JD !

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I would like to know who voted "agree" . I'm under the assumption this thread is based on "Legal " gun ownership . Why would anyone want to take a Legal , law abiding , gun owners rights away ? :mad:

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
I would like to know who voted "agree" . I'm under the assumption this thread is based on "Legal " gun ownership . Why would anyone want to take a Legal , law abiding , gun owners rights away ? :mad:
yeah the one sole 'agree' has me wondering too

·
Premium Member
13,190 Posts
AZdave and other like minded types have that attitude. He might still be lurking about. They are under the misguided assumption guns kill people. I've left my guns alone for years at a time and they never once got up and killed anyone or anything other than maybe a paper target.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I've left my guns alone for years at a time and they never once got up and killed anyone or anything other than maybe a paper target.
Same here BBob , I have owned guns for 22 years . I haven't shot anybody , I guess to a Liberal that is uncommon .:D

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
I think it's to prevent licensed carriers from being attacked by gun control freaks at Walmart.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts