Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
do away with the round type clamps and then just use a ram mount set up. these are the only pictures I have of my set up . you you nee more let me know.

. DSC02275.jpg

DSC02288.jpg

·
Registered
298 Posts
As dentdave said, Ram-Mount is the only way to go with round bars. The unit you have looks to be more for irregular cast bars such as those on sportbikes, Visions, BMW's etc.

·
Registered
810 Posts
looks like if you try to mount that GPS cradle between the Vic handlebar clamps (if you could...) it will get in the way of your speedo/tach or the switches mounted under the bars. I agree with the others a ram ball setup is the hot tip. You could prolly fab up something that connected your cradle mount to a ram ball deal.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks guys but I'm really looking to mount this up front. I will have full view of gauges and lots of room to access aux. switches.

I guess I will have to build something along the lines of the sport bike mounts.

Maybe two chrome ram mounts with a bar welded across to straddle the handle bar mounts or something alone those lines.

Ultimately this is where I want the 665 mounted.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok for prototype ......

Two black mirror clamps - one on each side of handlebar mounts.
One piece of black steel bar bent and welded onto clamps.

If it works its simple and cheap :)

Then make final in chrome or aluminium..... Might be this easy.

Attachments

·
Registered
810 Posts
Ok for prototype ......

Two black mirror clamps - one on each side of handlebar mounts.
One piece of black steel bar bent and welded onto clamps.

If it works its simple and cheap :)

Then make final in chrome or aluminium..... Might be this easy.
there ya go!

·
Premium Member
397 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm goofy like that ..... Ram makes tons of different mounts for sure just not what I want :) it will drive me nuts if its not smack in the middle. I've ordered the parts and will have it welded together in a week or so. I'll post what the finished product looks like, or if it looks like crap out the back door it goes .....lol

It should turn out fine, right in the middle just below the gauges, no extra wires running down the bars, everything tucked away. It will be adjustable up and down to set where it can be seen the best.

Now onto a spot for the satellite antenna........ Want it to look like it was factory mounted. Off to ponder :)

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Here's mine, using RAM mount parts as well as a bar clamp similar to what was posted:

Would you mind listing the part#s/brand/make of your setup?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts