Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have another gps and the ram mount from last bike I had. I used a cigarett lighter plug for it. I was wondering about the installation on a vision,Because now I have it mpluged into the charger wire from battery. I know there is a right way to mount this .Does anyone have any idea's for me ? :confused:

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have another gps and the ram mount from last bike I had. I used a cigarett lighter plug for it. I was wondering about the installation on a vision,Because now I have it mpluged into the charger wire from battery. I know there is a right way to mount this .Does anyone have any idea's for me ? :confused:
i'd love to help but don't quite understand what your asking?:confused:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'd love to help but don't quite understand what your asking?:confused:
I'am not sure the way I have it is right, I would like to hook the gps up the way the factory would do it. Maby so it can sence when it is on or needs to be charged or where the wire should go on a Victory Vision. I had it on a other style cruiser and would unplug the charger while not in use. this is not the factory gps .It is a Garmin nuvi 660.but I allready had a ram mount and gps so I would like to use it .

·
Registered
8 Posts
mount a GPS on a VV tour

I have a 09 VV Tour. on the handlebar there is a little black plastic plug (both sides) pull off the plug and it is tapped for accessory mirrors. You can screw a ram ball in there, it is the same thread. You need to go to ram.com to find an offset so the GPS won't block your mirror. Hope this helps, that's the way mine is mounted (Zumo 550) hard wired for power.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I have a 09 VV Tour. on the handlebar there is a little black plastic plug (both sides) pull off the plug and it is tapped for accessory mirrors. You can screw a ram ball in there, it is the same thread. You need to go to ram.com to find an offset so the GPS won't block your mirror. Hope this helps, that's the way mine is mounted (Zumo 550) hard wired for power.
Yes I see. I have gps hooked up now.And will be upgradeing to a Zumo 660 also a new wireing plug to run through audio on bike. I had to trace down conectors and such to find out that my Standard car gps was inatiquit for the Vision.It works and I can answer my phone and talk while riding.But I wanted the sound to go through the audio system on bike.I have a picture ....
watch and see

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
new wire

But now I'm curius, how did you get the sound through your stereo?
you will need to ger a new wire from Victory to get sound from gps through the speakers on bike. my gps is not through the audio on bike (yet) ...Until I buy the zumo660 and the wire that plugs into harness .I can save a few bucks buying the zumo 660 online .But I still have to buy the wire from Victory at full price.It is just over 100 bucks I think... I hope I was helpful.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for that. I think I can make the wire myself, it's just a male and female mini plug for the Zumo 550. It's routing the wire that will give me some trouble. Frank

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for that. I think I can make the wire myself, it's just a male and female mini plug for the Zumo 550. It's routing the wire that will give me some trouble. Frank
cool I would also do it but i dont want to lose my mp3 player.letme know how it goes.thanx

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks like you are well on your way to getting the GPS set up the way you want! I just got a Garmin 755t for my vision. I'm also using a RAM mount. I am temporarily powering it through the supplied cigarette lighter cable, which is plugged into a female cigarette lighter plug located near my right fork, under the fender. That in turn is plugged into a SAE connecter that came with my battery charger/maintainer. The other end of the SAE connector is connected to the battery through a fused link. I think I may buy the "bare cable" that has the Garmin connector on one end, and 2 bare wires (+ and ground) on the other. If I go this route, I'll also add a rocker switch to the blank in the panel and run the power through the switch so I can turn the GPS completely off. The only problem with this is I would lose the traffic alert ability of the GPS, which is really no big deal for me on most of my riding. I'm not concerned pumping audio from the GPS to the bike, as I use my iPod for tunes, and I find that I can hear the spoken directional instructions from the GPS ok. As for a phone, the last thing I want to do while riding is have to talk to someone while I ride ;)

Ward

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
diamondrmp Broken Record

Whats the deal with you? I thought you sold your Vision for an HD.

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=1575

Its one thing to BS around with fellow members its another thing to just outright lie and talk crap for the sake of attention.

Freezeradio, get your act together.
Are you the Victory god? Now I have to say ("WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM")Can't you go for a day without bashing sombody?I had to Take my bike apart and ohm out the wireing harnes to discover I could not use my gps through the sound system.I was only asking for help on the forum. Just because I was a little drunk when I posted it dose not make you the Victory forum judge.I am not an idiot .I was asking for an easy way to do something.there is not a way to do what I want to do without cutting wires.I am sorry If I offended you .I have riding bikes for 40 years and ,I know it is not (what you ride)...( It is that you Ride).

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Its got nothing to do with Victory. Its got everything to do with a drunk (since you said you were drunk) and or a LIAR (since you lied) getting your panties in a bunch because no one stuck a nipple in your mouth to answer your question right away. Then you start flaming.

You started a thread and in the thread your first post you said "Sold my vision last week and bought a HARDLEY-DANDEROUS".

You can try and argue all you want but your threads and your posts speak of your integrity.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
diamondrmp.Supermodifier

Its got nothing to do with Victory. Its got everything to do with a drunk (since you said you were drunk) and or a LIAR (since you lied) getting your panties in a bunch because no one stuck a nipple in your mouth to answer your question right away. Then you start flaming.

You started a thread and in the thread your first post you said "Sold my vision last week and bought a HARDLEY-DANDEROUS".

You can try and argue all you want but your threads and your posts speak of your integrity.
You don't know .And now I don't care.If you write back it is you that have the panties in a bunch thing goin on.watch and see

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
:soapbox:

I agree I have a problem. I HATE liars! On top of that I hate liars that try and back pedal going passive. I truly have a deep seeded hatred for people that get drunk and use that as their excuse.

You said you sold your Vision for another bike. DO you even truly own a bike? The bike in the shop is a dealer bike. The other pics could be a friends. If you do own a Vision then that proves my point that you lied.

I seldom get into a pissing match online but you are one of 3 exceptions in 7 years of belonging to different forums. I'm sure you feel flattered as you were so proud to point out the amount of responses in your thread, "To this day... more have posted on my topic than any other in this forum.I win." That is sad.

With that I am finished commenting with and about you.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
diamondrmp-diamondrmp-diamondrmp-diamondrmp

soapbox

I agree I have a problem. I HATE liars! On top of that I hate liars that try and back pedal going passive. I truly have a deep seeded hatred for people that get drunk and use that as their excuse.

You said you sold your Vision for another bike. DO you even truly own a bike? The bike in the shop is a dealer bike. The other pics could be a friends. If you do own a Vision then that proves my point that you lied.

I seldom get into a pissing match online but you are one of 3 exceptions in 7 years of belonging to different forums. I'm sure you feel flattered as you were so proud to point out the amount of responses in your thread, "To this day... more have posted on my topic than any other in this forum.I win." That is sad.

With that I am finished commenting with and about you.
I win, You are the most cryin lil bitchboy I have ever seen on a forum. you suck ,And you don't know squat.Bingo ! I win,I know the rules !!!!!:Dcheersthumb up

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You are all bashing me so that makes you a low forum member

DAA HAA
FREEEZERADIO :crzy:
your busted caught, fibbing a little ha.:ltr: bounce along now, this group knows that you are nothing but a bull sh-t shooter.cheers wac
wacyup giulty of it all bating me and such i never called you guys names like you did me!!!wac

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
wacyup giulty of it all bating me and such i never called you guys names like you did me!!!wac
Dude, the reason you get treated the way you do, is simply because of your actions, or lack there of. If you plan on doing any bashing, be prepared to take some bashing along with that. Not calling you any names, merely stating an observation. If your full intention to continually be on this site or any other, is because you have nothing else, no other form of entertainment....then that's pretty sad.

Go back and re-read some of your posts, did you really think people would not react the way that they have towards you. I don't know you and prolly never will, and have no clue or care to have a clue about what you say and what you own. But you laid the foundation of your demeaner on this site and it is now backfiring on you. Are you surprised?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.