Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to install a GPS on my vic and was wondering which mount eveyone is using? The all weather style would be good in rain but I am wondering how well one can see the screen with another layer of material between my eyes and the screen. I would be amazed it you could see the screen at all with rain drops everywhere. That is why I am leaning towards a mount without all weather protection. Just was looking for some feedback from someone who has already invented this wheel so to speak.

Thanks,

·
Registered
573 Posts
Are you asking about the mount or the GPS? Motorcycle GPSs are waterproof (ZUMO, TomTom, Etc). I have heard of people using a "clear" plastic bag over an automotive style GPS, but that has nothing to do with the mount. Never heard of a "waterproof" mount that would pretect a nonwaterproof GPS.

Victory makes a handlebar ram mount for the XC, which is what I use, along with a ZUMO.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ram mounts makes a waterproof box for non-waterproof GPS units. RAM Aqua box in various sizes . They work as advertised . Somehow I lost the first one so I had to get a replacement ! DUH........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts