Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a brand new Vegas 8ball and loving it, perhaps a little too much as I wanted to keep it in the loungeroom with me!

I do need some help though on sourcing a quick connect backrest and rack system for it. Spoke with BDD as I like the look of their racks, but they are not quick connects. Anyone have any ideas for me?

·
Premium Member
8,934 Posts
Grasshopper is what I use,when riding solo,
price is right and it works, it's mount fits under the passenger seat though.
On and off in a flash, as far as racks go, well if I ain't got a passenger I can just occy strap stuff to the back seat, stuff that won't fit in my saddlebags that is.
Picked up a carton of beer for the boys at the Burleigh Bars a while back and it fitted perfect between the two backrests, didn't even need restraint.
Welcome to the Forum by the way.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good stuff... What a perfect set up to wedge in a slab with no restraint required!

Only had the bike for a week and toyed with the idea of saddle bags, rear rack, passenger backrest, fork bag etc as there is nowhere at all to store a brake disk lock even. Think I have decided on a rack and backrest combo as I am a gumby with tools and would end up causing carnage taking a rack on and off when needed. HAve really hit a dead end though trying to find anyone that does one. And decided on a little fork bag for locks, wallet, keys etc.

·
Premium Member
8,934 Posts
Good stuff... What a perfect set up to wedge in a slab with no restraint required!

Only had the bike for a week and toyed with the idea of saddle bags, rear rack, passenger backrest, fork bag etc as there is nowhere at all to store a brake disk lock even. Think I have decided on a rack and backrest combo as I am a gumby with tools and would end up causing carnage taking a rack on and off when needed. HAve really hit a dead end though trying to find anyone that does one. And decided on a little fork bag for locks, wallet, keys etc.
Have a closer look at my pic.
I have a leather tool roll strapped to the back of the pillion backrest, it carries all the basic tools wrapped in a beanie, plus sunscreen etc.
Saddlebags are Pakistani throwovers off Ebay, rugged leather and cheap, bolted to Easybrackets.
Whole setup can be removed in 5-10 mins if I wanna run solo.
Not that I do that often though it's just too handy to have places to carry stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Welcome to the forum and enjoy that 8ball!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Welcome

Welcome Boothy72 hope you enjoy the site and all of us crazies on here. Enjoy the new ride. You are welcome to post up pictures of your bike and your beautiful country of Australia. Going down under is a dream vacation for my wife and I. One day it may happen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts