Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep I said it. Today at work was great. I decided to brave the cold 29 degree weather and ride the bike into work. In hopes of riding home in the 62 degree weather they are calling for. Around 1 pm my boss came into my office and shut my computer and said lets go. I said where we going. He said lunch. I said sounds good. what he didn't tell me is Lunch was a 50 mile motorcycle ride away and he was going to pay me for the rest of the day. What a perfect day and what a great day at Work especially for a MONDAY..

so in total put 125 miles on today.

I love everything about the bike. except the Loud Clunking when I shift.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Yep I said it. Today at work was great. I decided to brave the cold 29 degree weather and ride the bike into work. In hopes of riding home in the 62 degree weather they are calling for. Around 1 pm my boss came into my office and shut my computer and said lets go. I said where we going. He said lunch. I said sounds good. what he didn't tell me is Lunch was a 50 mile motorcycle ride away and he was going to pay me for the rest of the day. What a perfect day and what a great day at Work especially for a MONDAY..

Sounds like a great monday, definitely better than mine. Anyway I agree on the loud clunking. I had a VTX1300C before the Vic and they are also known for the clunk. Once I swapped to Rotella T6 oil the clunking noise was greatly reduced. As soon as I hit 500 miles I will be doing the same thing with this bike.

And NO I am not starting ANOTHER oil debate thread, use what you want to use.

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
And NO I am not starting ANOTHER oil debate thread, use what you want to use.
Slippery slope my friend slippery slope.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
That's probably one of the biggest understatements on this forum. LOL
Ahhh, Vin, brief words full of wisdom and laughter.:D
I do find them endlessly entertaining and a never ending source of aggravation for the select few.

Today was also a good day to ride here also. I look forward to going to work and coming home because I get to ride.....after all these years.

·
Registered
681 Posts

I wish I had a cool boss like yours lol

·
Registered
742 Posts
Today was also a good day to ride here also. I look forward to going to work and coming home because I get to ride.....after all these years.[/QUOTE]

Indeed! I got in my first real, honest to goodness ride today and was simply nirvana. :D

Tomorrow's gonna' be even better: warmer and I'm riding w/a couple of friends. cheers

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
It will probably always clunk but it gets quieter. In the mean time try to preload your shifter on upshifts by hold pressure on it before you pull in the clutch. Also don't lug the bike and try shifting between 2800-3000 rpm.

·
Registered
12,200 Posts
OK, OK...one more time, so pay attention. To reduce or even eliminate tranny clunking, PRELOAD the shifter. What's preloading Ric? You pressure the shifter PRIOR to a shift so that when you pull the clutch and just reach the friction zone, it will ease into smoother and quieter. I don't know why this is not universally known among riders. Now go spread this Gospel and do not lug your engines. Higher revs won't hurt, it will help.
BTW, it takes 3,000 miles or more before its broken in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts