Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start off by saying hello to all on the board. A little about me, I have ridden since age 5 now 43 as of yesterday and still enjoy it more then ever. My riding history has covered mostly big bore inline fours such as a 97 cbr1100 xx blackbird, my 2000 turbo hayabusa (hence my 9secondsflat name...ran [email protected] 167) 2001 gsxr 1000 and my current sport bike is a zx14 set up with a pipe, pc5 etc...

Last week I was invited to the Harley Rondevous in upstate NY. All of my friends have Harleys so I figured renting one would be better then riding my zx to the rally of 5000-10000 Harley owners I rented an 09 Electra Glide and was very impressed. I have never ridden a Harley ever let alone a bike this large, well on the highway it was nothing short of amazing! While at the four day outing my eyes viewed thousands of bikes and the one that stood out was a custom Victory Hammer in the bike show. I have always admired the lines of the Hammer the tear drop tank, the sculped seat blending into the tank..its very nice.
Upon returning home my search for a hammer began...yes I looked for the elusive 06 Cory Ness Jackpot..it was my first choice but at my age...well I still enjoy riding and corning hard and the thinner front tire and single rotor were the two reasons I passed. My emails covered over a dozen states trying to "low ball" owners who "needed to sell" but no one wanted to talk turkey. Before anyone starts to jump down my throat my belief is money talks and bs walks so my offers were cash deals and would pay the same day.
I finally found a Hammer S, it was an 09 blue/white with 2683 miles and had the following upgrades: 2x1 Victory Exhaust System * Arlen Ness High Flow Filter * Victory Steel Braided Cables for clutch, front brake and throttle * Chrome steel braided separator * 4 Turn light housings in chrome * 4 Clear lenses and amber bulbs * White vinyl pin stripes on front and back rims * Modified license plate * HID headlight * High beam PIAA bulb * 3 Chrome Axle covers * 2 Chrome cam chain tension covers * Chrome clutch cable cover * Set of spark plug cables in red * 2 Gas tank badges- old version color.

The owner of this bike also was a former Victory dealer owner, the bike was his personal bike and they had surrendered the franchise and picked up a Ducati and BMW franchise. Since he said that he rides what he sells, the bike was for sale..About 15 minutes on the phone and the bike was mine....$10,800 cash. The bike is being picked up in the next day (enclosed trailer) and will take a few to come up the coast so by next Thursday it should be in my driveway. I am really excited to own such a fine machine and yes its kind of nice to own an American made bike. I will post some pics when it arrives, until then its time to go for a ride as its another beautiful day in CT.

Regards,
Barry

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Congrats Barry. Since this is an introduction I will move this thread to the appropriate forum, Victory Forums Rules and New Members Introductions.

Welcome to the Victory Forums.

A couple of pointers. Check out the “how to” in regard to posting pics here.
http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=1688

The Search feature is your friend!  You will find the answers to a lot of your questions by using it.

If you are asking questions that are of a technical/mechanical/electrical/performance nature please place them in the “Victory Tech and Performance” forum. This will speed up a response. Placing them in the model specific forum can delay a response.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Welcome to the VF Barry!!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
nice work on finding a sweet bike thumb up