Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everybody! I am here to learn about Victory Bikes.

I grew up on farms and in my early teens I had a Yamaha 125 Enduro but I never got a street bike until 3 weeks ago. I am now 43 and my first bike in these past 27 or so years is a Suzuki DR650 dual sport. It's a fun light weight bike and very familiar having had the Enduro as a kid.

Now I am looking for my cruiser and I really love the looks of the 92c model but darn the transmission issues in the 1999 and 2000 models have had me looking at cheap bikes that I now understand why they are so cheap.

Now I find myself looking for a 2002 or 2003 Victory 92c or possibly a 2002 or later 92tc.

Once concern I have is I am a fairly tall guy 6'3" and 34-inch inseam and I looked at the Harley Heritage Softail and I just don't think that bike is set up well for a rider my size. I really need to sit on a 92c or 93tc to see how well these would fit but I do understand that Victory bikes in general are a bit better for the less vertically challenged riders out there ;)

Anyways, I tried to post in another forum and I guess I lack permissions to post there so I would post here and just say hi! I have already learned a lot from the old posts here so let me say thanks to the community!

·
Registered
262 Posts
The oldest v92 are great bikes. They are not the best Vic has to offer. Since you are tall I suggest that you take a look at one of the cross road models. There is much better part and accessory availability. They have lots of leg room. A boardwalk or used kingpin might also be worth looking at. Best thing to do is test ride a few and see what fits you best. Good luck.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just picked up a '07 Kingpin and it fits me nicely, about the same height as you, need to adjust my bars up some, but besides that fits me well.

·
Administrator
5,977 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like I can't start threads so I will reply here.

2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 classic vs 2005 Victory Kingpin

Simple situation, I have two bikes with similar mileage, similar condition, similar accessories and both are the same price. The Vulcan is at a dealer, the Kingpin is a private sale.

I am 6'3" with a 34 inch inseam and both bikes fit me pretty darned nice. I have been looking at the 1600 Classics but this Kingpin really has my attention.

What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Kingpin by a landslide... Way better Looking machine. I am not sure about Kawi road bikes but the Kingpin rides like a dream!

·
Registered
742 Posts
I too agree the Kingpin is a more attractive scoot. The '06 model year carried the 100ci/6 speed. It 's nice to have a true overdrive when on the highway. Good luck on your shopping.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts