Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks

A quick hello post so I can start bothering y'all with many questions on the regular forums. I've just put a deposit down on the 2015 Hammer 8-ball, hopefully picking up mid-March after doing a test ride on the weekend of the 7th. This is a big upgrade for me, as I've spent the last 6 or 7 years on a Kawasaki VN250 Eliminator. After having my balls vibrate up to my throat on the ride from Sydney to Melbourne on this bike, I realised I was well overdue for an upgrade. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys on weekend rides.

Cheers
Gun

·
Registered
459 Posts
Welcome mate! Show us some pics when u get it.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome from MA - USAcheers

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
G'day Gunslinger- hope you enjoy the site and the expert advise given by many.

Don't forget to add in your signature where you are and what bike you have.

So you bought the bike from Ashfield I assume?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Welcome and congrats...you will love the bike...ride it like you stole it and enjoy the ride

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
G'day Gunslinger- hope you enjoy the site and the expert advise given by many.

Don't forget to add in your signature where you are and what bike you have.

So you bought the bike from Ashfield I assume?
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, really appreciate it.

Hey Krisd, I have no idea how to create a signature - there's no option for it in my User Control Panel; apparently it should be in the Settings & Option area but I don't have that option. Is it because I'm new/haven't posted enough?

I've put the deposit down on the bike at the Elizabeth St, Melbourne Victory/Indian store. Seemed like a decent bunch of blokes, but I wish I'd tried to make some better offers on the price, as $1k off the $21k sticker price + $1900 Stage 1 pipes really isn't much. I've heard the stock seat it pretty stiff though, so might try to get a new seat thrown in too. Any advice on which seat would suit my needs - long Sunday cruises, rarely using the pillion more than 8 or 9 times per year - would be awesome. I'm also 5'7" so don't want anything that dramatically changes the seating position.

·
Premium Member
8,707 Posts
Welcome to Victory from the Gold Coast, Sunshine State:)

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, really appreciate it.

Hey Krisd, I have no idea how to create a signature - there's no option for it in my User Control Panel; apparently it should be in the Settings & Option area but I don't have that option. Is it because I'm new/haven't posted enough?

I've put the deposit down on the bike at the Elizabeth St, Melbourne Victory/Indian store. Seemed like a decent bunch of blokes, but I wish I'd tried to make some better offers on the price, as $1k off the $21k sticker price + $1900 Stage 1 pipes really isn't much. I've heard the stock seat it pretty stiff though, so might try to get a new seat thrown in too. Any advice on which seat would suit my needs - long Sunday cruises, rarely using the pillion more than 8 or 9 times per year - would be awesome. I'm also 5'7" so don't want anything that dramatically changes the seating position.
Yeah because you havent posted enough- it enables you after 3 posts I think.

Regarding your seat- there is a huge Melbourne Victory riding group with monthly rides- just ask the shop for details- best thing would be for you to get along to one of those rides and see what other seats people have to compare them.

Stay safe mate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts