Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey y'all.
Not new to bikes but new to Victory. I just picked up my new ride on Tuesday, a 2006 Hammer in the yellow tribal paint. the bike itself is absolutely awesome and I can't say enough good things about it. Definitely leagues ahead of my old Kawi Mean Streak.

The only negative thing I have to say about it comes in the form of the exhaust system. The original owner installed a swept-ness system and its a little louder than I like.
If anyone has a stock system that is collecting dust and just taking up valuable space in the garage, please let me know.

Thanks and look forward to meeting some of y'all out there.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Welcome to Vic. I'm in CNY myself.I Frequent Northern Motorsports. They may have a set of stockers. I have been buying bikes and doing business with them since 06. They do the work on all my bikes regardless of make.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Where abouts in NY? I just got my bike from the Danville dealership. :)

I rode a bike with that exhaust and it was a little loud for my taste as well.

Welcome and kep the rubber to the road. ;)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the welcomes. I live about 30 miles south of Syracuse or about 40 miles north of Binghamton. I stopped into the local Victory dealer in Castle Creek (SSR Powersports) and thats how I fell in love with the Hammer.

oh and oddly enough TLS, I had a TLR a few years back, yellow to be exact. What a great bike! My last bike was a Ducati Monster S2R, and although it was a stellar machine, no place for service and a lack of passenger accomodations made it a little impractical.

But it should be a great riding season. Stay safe y'all!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Welcome monster, sounds like your in Tully area? I frequent Northern motorsports also. they do good work there.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Close, I live in Cortland. I haven't been to Northern yet. That is the place in Fulton, correct? I think a friend of mine may have mentioned them but I haven't personally been there. If you are in the Cortland area and see a yellow tribal hammer rolling by, chances are that's me. I have yet to see too many victories around here. Also if you guys decide to go on any rides I am more than happy to join. Always love meeting fellow riders and shooting the proverbial you-know-what.

·
Registered
147 Posts
yes it is in fulton, Jeff and Terry have always treated me very well. There are 6-7 of us around here that have vics. I see more everyday. I know its a hike for you but check out the post I did in Great lake east forum. July 14th is a big ride up here. There is plenty of camping room. Just a thought.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
very cool. i will definitely check it out. thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
121 Posts
thanks for the welcomes. I live about 30 miles south of Syracuse or about 40 miles north of Binghamton. I stopped into the local Victory dealer in Castle Creek (SSR Powersports) and thats how I fell in love with the Hammer.

oh and oddly enough TLS, I had a TLR a few years back, yellow to be exact. What a great bike! My last bike was a Ducati Monster S2R, and although it was a stellar machine, no place for service and a lack of passenger accomodations made it a little impractical.

But it should be a great riding season. Stay safe y'all!
I had a 97 TL1000S that was in beautiful shape, only had 18k miles on it when I got rid of it. Never down or even tipped over. Great bike with lots of attitude. :)

I was in a golf tournament all weekend in Elmira, so not that far.

yes it is in fulton, Jeff and Terry have always treated me very well. There are 6-7 of us around here that have vics. I see more everyday. I know its a hike for you but check out the post I did in Great lake east forum. July 14th is a big ride up here. There is plenty of camping room. Just a thought.
I am from the Corning area, though I live in PA. I like to ride up around Keuka Lake area and play a lot of golf in the Elmira/Corning area.

I will have to check t out as well. :) Not that far really.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts