Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I currently have a 2002 GoldWing and I am looking to replace it in about a year. I have ridden both the HD Ultra Classic and the Cross Country Tour at Americade several times. For the short rides they give you, I definitely like the Victory for its seating/footing feel as well as handling. I really would like to rent one, but there are no Victory rentals anywhere near me.

I started to hear rumors about parts availability, and also my local dealer isn't a dealer anymore (it's recent, as the Victory website still lists them as a dealer), so that was a little worrisome too. I came on here to see for myself what's up and how XCTs are holding up.

- B thumb up

·
Registered
158 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm down in Milford. I'd be willing to trade for a ride if you'd like to try my Cross Roads (XC without the fairing) for a longer ride. Luckily, there's quite a few Victory dealers here CT so you won't have to drive far to make a deal.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the offer, that is very kind. :) I've also ridden the Cross Roads at Americade and I liked it. Of course, the test ride is quite short. I would be a little apprehensive about riding someone else's bike for a day, but it may be well worth it.

If you are familiar with Willows Motorsports, they were until very recently a Victory dealer. My choices now seem to be Hartford, New Haven, or Brewster NY. Still looking very hard at the Victory.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
You might try MoM's South in Attleboro, MA right in front of the Stadium. That"s a couple hours east of you. They rent, they have events most weekends and it's nice scenery from Providence to Pt. Jude and down to Westerly. They are a high volume Vic dealer so talking turkey might bear real results with them

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TonyChip78:

I checked out Shark Cycle today. Seems like a good group of folks. I like the fact they are a Victory dealer, not a Honda/Suzuki/Yamaha/Kawasaki/Victory dealer. They told me they have test rides on Saturday (starting next week lol).

·
Registered
158 Posts
I agree with you on the dedicated dealer point. I ended up going with Libby's in New Haven when I bought just because I negotiated things like initial service and extra oil changes and didn't want to drive 85 miles to Stafford Springs. Ask whomever you buy from about throwing in that initial service. It comes up very quick and it sucks to have to throw another $300 at them after you just paid thousands.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tony:

I apologize but you won't be able to ride that GoldWing - I bought a 2013 Cross Country Tour today.
Sorry! :)
ImageUploadedByMO Free1367713627.318123.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts