Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was also wanting to know if there is a particular year or model that Victory had issues with. Any engine or tranny issues with the 03-06 models? Im still not sure what model Im wanting.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome to the Forum , and soon to Victory !

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I was also wanting to know if there is a particular year or model that Victory had issues with. Any engine or tranny issues with the 03-06 models? Im still not sure what model Im wanting.
I have heard of a couple that had issues around the clutch and I think I found a post once about an electrical issue but it was vague. I searched the internet many times over looking for a good reliable bike and the Victory nameplate definitely came out on top.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've had my Gunner since April, 2015. No problems. When shifting gears there is a louder (than previous bikes) shifting sound. I've tried to find the reason for this and have not seen much. Doesn't seem to cause any problems, just different.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've had my Gunner since April, 2015. No problems. When shifting gears there is a louder (than previous bikes) shifting sound. I've tried to find the reason for this and have not seen much. Doesn't seem to cause any problems, just different.
It is because the primary is all gear driven instead of a chain or belt. The clunk is normal for all the Victory bikes.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Tranny issues were resolved in 2003 but as a rule of thumb I recomend everyone to go 2005 and newer and get a 6speed. 2008 is an oddball year I'd stay away but all others are great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts