Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walked into a bike shop in Wasaga Beach last August just to look around, saw a bunch of new and used machines, all makes. There was one Victory, a black 2004(forget the model). I said to myself, I LIKE IT! Didn't buy it though, had 115,000 miles on it, a little too much for me. Been looking on and off since then. After 30 years of not riding was a little nervous about jumping back in. Then daughter number 2 got her licence, bought a bike and let me ride it a little. That's all it took. Started looking seriously and am joining this Forum. Soon daughter number 2 will have a reliable riding partner anytime she wants to go. How could any Dad not make that sacrifice!! ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for asking GWN. I had a decision to make last week which I was hoping the Forums would help but I had a technical difficulty getting in to the Forums so I went with what has worked for me before, research and price. I was looking at a new '12 cross roads with batwing fairing, highway bars, soft saddlebag chrome kit versus a '05 Kingpin with windshield, saddlebags, Mustang seats w/backrests, highway bar, Stage 1 exhaust, Ness laydown plate mount, tachometer, Ness fly bars, Kuryakin grips and a chrome swingarm and 30K kilometers. After much deliberation and anxiety I decided on the Kingpin. It had a lot of goodies already, was ready to go and I had a hard time finding any negative information about the '05 anywhere on the internet(just preferences). Also, it's half the price. I still need to get all kinds of "stuff", like helmets, jacket(s), gloves etc. Still have my old leather jacket from the eighties and if I really suck in my gut I can zip it up, but breathing might be an issue. OK that's enough, this post is too long now but that's what I have now the '05 Kingpin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts