Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just signing in to say hello and to ask some questions...in the appropriate forum. I have been riding for a while and am a moderator at ADV. My current ride is a 2009 Versys dressed out for light adventure touring. Right now I am lusting after a Cross Country Tour.

Paul

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Just signing in to say hello and to ask some questions...in the appropriate forum. I have been riding for a while and am a moderator at ADV. My current ride is a 2009 Versys dressed out for light adventure touring. Right now I am lusting after a Cross Country Tour.

Paul
Welcome to the forum. cheers

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
How many posts do I need to make in this area before I drop down to the CC forum and post?
2, and then wait up to 30-45min for the server to acknowledge the accomplishment. You should be good to go by now.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the forum from down under.cheers
Thanks Kym. I see you have an XCT. If you don't mind, take a look at the questions I posted in the Cross Country Forum and drop a little wisdom on me if you can.

Cheers!
Paul

·
Registered
566 Posts
Greetings! Havent seen many vics around NOLA, probably because the only dealership in the state that sells them is in Houma. I just got a 12 vstrom 650, and im also on the adv board. I suppose im venturing out in the opposite direction of you. Keeping my vic regardless, really enjoy this bike. I tend to ride with a group on weekends, they are a good mix of cruisers and sport bikes. Let me know if u have any interest in connecting with them.

Oh, and good luck with your decision. This is a very knowledgeable group, Im sure you will get your questions answered. Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Greetings! Havent seen many vics around NOLA, probably because the only dealership in the state that sells them is in Houma. I just got a 12 vstrom 650, and im also on the adv board. I suppose im venturing out in the opposite direction of you. Keeping my vic regardless, really enjoy this bike. I tend to ride with a group on weekends, they are a good mix of cruisers and sport bikes. Let me know if u have any interest in connecting with them.

Oh, and good luck with your decision. This is a very knowledgeable group, Im sure you will get your questions answered. Welcome to the board!
I actually live in Metairie on Pasadena. Are you close? That strom is an OUTSTANDING bike.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Welcome from Katy Tx.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Welcome from Georgia. I road my Kingpin down to NOLA at the end of January. Had a great time. I went to Tulane down there so I know the area well. Ride safe!

·
Registered
566 Posts
I actually live in Metairie on Pasadena. Are you close? That strom is an OUTSTANDING bike.
Yeah, I'm on the other side of clearview parkway from you, on Camphor and Elise. It's funny, but I was actually looking at the versys too before I got the vstrom. And you're right, the vstrom is a very capable bike, for what it is. If you get a vic just be ready to not ever be able to promptly leave store parking lots and gas stations around here. Everyone will stare at your bike like it's some kind of a unicorn, give you compliments and ask you questions about it, lol! It's pretty entertaining :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts