Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! Matt here ("Winwahoo" to the cyber-world) and I wanted to say 'hello'! I'm relatively new to the world of motorcycling, having only been riding for the past 5 years. (yep, wish this old guy would have started sooner!) But, I've been able to learn and grow, and this past winter moved up to a used 2008 Victory Kingpin. So far, we're getting to know each other. (but I like where the relationship is headed!) Hope to see everyone out there!

Winwahoo
Akron, OH

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
Welcome to the Clan Matt. We are a friendly and informative group that are here to help with scads (?) of useful information. Stay tuned. If you enjoy your KP half as much as I do my XR, you're a happy rider.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Back at you from Northern Utah, welcome to the Victory Forums! Be safe on the KP and try not to let her make you miss work while you're piling on the miles!

The only glitch these bikes have is that they're addictive; they won't let you stop riding them when the weather is nice enough and won't let you stop buying goodies for them to make up for the days you can't ride!

·
Registered
586 Posts
I've only been riding about six years and moved to an '08 Kingpin from an '80 Honda CX500. The transition was easy and the power/speed is delightful. The low seat height on the Kingpin and the balance is way better than my Honda. Just watch out how heavy you lay on the throttle! Zoom! PS Almost came your way to do Victory business in N. Canton. Decided to stick with my Kingpin in lieu of changing up to a Vision.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks...

Utah and Wisconsin...thanks for the notes! We've had some rare "nice weather" during March out here, so me and the 'Pin have had a chance to spend a bit more time with each other. So far....LOVE it! If I can just get some of my wind/buffeting issues solved, I'll be a happy camper! Be safe!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wind issues

KPR....I replaced the smaller, tinted shield that was on it from the previous owner and put on a National Cycle 2-Up Switchblade. I also installed lower deflectors. But at 40-45 mph, things really start getting obnoxious, in particularly with helmet buffeting. Not so bad with the 3/4, but the full-face gets obnoxious. I've had the shield as high as it can go, and moved it down as low as it can go. Not a ton of difference. NEVER had an issue with this configuration on my '05 Shadow Aero. Wind was rarely an issue. Thinking about a fairing, maybe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts