Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I decided I should officially introduce myself. I don't post a lot, but being new to Victory this is the first place I come to learn about these great machines. Now that they have become "classics", I expect I'll be spending even more time on this forum. I've been riding metrics since the 70's and pining for a Victory for years. I finally pulled the trigger last July, which is a whole story in itself. Being in Western Washington, I make good use of heated gear and ride every day it isn't raining sideways. I enjoy long distance tours and usually go on a couple of 3500+ mile trips each year. I know the Vic will serve me well so I expect I'll be around this forum for many years to come.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Howdy, Merc. Welcome from a long way off. Good to have another Victory enthusiast. Very fine machine indeed. You will discover a new love every time you take it out.

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
Welcome from Florida!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Welcome Merc from North Texas. I'll be close to your neck of the woods in July. I'll be staying over night in Rockport, WA. A forum member from another site will be meeting up with me when I get close to Hwy 9 and Hwy 2 intersection and will join in on the ride up to Rockport from there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome Merc!

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Welcome from another webfoot who fitted his XR with a snorkel and rides with SCUBA gear on.

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
Welcome from CT

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome Merc from North Texas. I'll be close to your neck of the woods in July. I'll be staying over night in Rockport, WA. A forum member from another site will be meeting up with me when I get close to Hwy 9 and Hwy 2 intersection and will join in on the ride up to Rockport from there.
JW, that will be an awesome ride. When I was stationed at Ft. Sill I could just make it to Wichita Falls without violating the 50 mile rule, so that's as much of Texas as I've seen. But a Texas grand tour is definitely on my bucket list of rides so I'll get down your way eventually.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well, when you come to see JW, make it public knowledge, cause us Texans like a party. When you get here, maybe you can meet some more of us. We've had a couple of gatherings and some meets. So let us know!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well, when you come to see JW, make it public knowledge, cause us Texans like a party. When you get here, maybe you can meet some more of us. We've had a couple of gatherings and some meets. So let us know!
We better give him a fair warning that use Texans can be a little crazy and the fact that there might be one or two cops lurking around in the group. :grin

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey, I'm always up for a party. But I'm a law abiding citizen so there would be no drinking and riding involved :angel Actually, some of my close family members are LE as are several of my best friends. So lurk if you will, I'll still smile and wave as I ride by (under the speed limit of course). I'll give a shout when I'm down that way. It would be great to meet you guys.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Merc, I'm with you....no bottle until my hand is off the throttle. Passed on joining a Vic owners group cuz they mixed the two. Joined a SCRC chapter that takes riding responsibly very seriously.
We had a break in the PNW Rain Festival yesterday and I rode over to PIR (Portland Int'l Raceway) to help get the track ready for the season. My good deed for the year.

·
Registered
141 Posts
A person can drink themselves stupid if they want. Their body, their money. But, I have two hard and fast : I won't ride with drinkers, or hunt with them. If you want to be anywhere near me on a bike or sporting large firepower, you need to be stone sober.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts