Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello one and all,
I'm a regular h-d rider (94 sportster) and with the retirement of Willie G. Davidson, I'm leery as to the future of the Moco so I'm starting to look into my options. I've never cared for asian iron though while I do have a flavor for triumph, I try to keep as much of my money stateside as I possibly can.

When I look at Harley's current model lineup, there's not much there that makes me jump. It's like artificial sweetner in my coffee rather than sugar. It does the job but that hit that says have to have it just isn't there anymore. So I've been researching some Victory's and the three newest models (highball/hardball/judge) are right up y styling alley. I don't really care for the Ness designed vics as they are to swoopy for my tastes.

My local Victory dealer is having the demo truck coming through this month and I'm signed up for it. I'm stepping way out of the normal for myself here so I figure give Iowa's finest a shot.

·
Account closed.
39 Posts
Welcome Ash. Great bunch of members, I can't stay away. You will not regret this my friend. You're headed in the right direction and can't go wrong with Vic. I feel ya on HDs lineup. I'd be shocked as s!#t if you didn't walk out of that dealership with a new ride. Unless of course it was a financial reason.

The reason you probably have a flavor for Triumph is because it's not Asian, it's British (European). I'm not one to correct people, just a little FYI. I too do not care for the Asian scoots, but the Euros make some nice rides. At least with Victory, MORE of your money will being kept stateside over HD.
Let us know how the test ride goes!!

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Hello one and all,
I'm a regular h-d rider (94 sportster) and with the retirement of Willie G. Davidson, I'm leery as to the future of the Moco so I'm starting to look into my options. I've never cared for asian iron though while I do have a flavor for triumph, I try to keep as much of my money stateside as I possibly can.

When I look at Harley's current model lineup, there's not much there that makes me jump. It's like artificial sweetner in my coffee rather than sugar. It does the job but that hit that says have to have it just isn't there anymore. So I've been researching some Victory's and the three newest models (highball/hardball/judge) are right up y styling alley. I don't really care for the Ness designed vics as they are to swoopy for my tastes.

My local Victory dealer is having the demo truck coming through this month and I'm signed up for it. I'm stepping way out of the normal for myself here so I figure give Iowa's finest a shot.
Welcome from Katy! I intend to be at the Mancuso Gulf Freeway Demo Days event this Friday and Saturday. Hopefully I will see you there.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums! Have fun at the Demo days and see what you think; Victorys run a little different than HD's so don't be scared to let em rev. Seriously if you're spinning under 2000 rpm you're bogging and the power really hits around 3000 rpm. Try keeping around 2500-2700 and you'll find the bikes are happy and may make you happier with a little more twist!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Welcome to the boards from Missouri City! If you can't make the Demo this weekend, shoot for the Polaris West Demo Day in Katy on 4-27 & 28. Come on out and ride a Vic, I think you'll be impressed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Polaris West Demo Day in Katy on 4-27 & 28.
This is the one that I'll be attending. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing but respect for manucso, but the one in south houston takes way too long for me to get to plus I work the days of the demo ride at mancuso's. I will be attending the katy ride this coming sunday though. I'm not too hard to spot since I wear the leathers that Mickey Rourke wears in Harley-Davidson and the Marlboro Man so I'll for sure wind up sticking out in a victory crowd.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Polaris West Demo Day in Katy on 4-27 & 28.
This is the one that I'll be attending. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing but respect for manucso, but the one in south houston takes way too long for me to get to plus I work the days of the demo ride at mancuso's. I will be attending the katy ride this coming sunday though. I'm not too hard to spot since I wear the leathers that Mickey Rourke wears in Harley-Davidson and the Marlboro Man so I'll for sure wind up sticking out in a victory crowd.
I'll be there Sunday as well. Hopefully there will be a few other riders from this forum as well hooking up for the Wild Flower Run?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Asher,
Nice Sporty, it looks like it's been kept up very well and hides its age!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Asher,
nice Sporty, it looks like it's been kept up very well and hides its age!
The bike's held it's own. It was in good condition when I picked it up. It was only $2500 and the only things I've added have been the seat, bags and shield. Recently changed out the pipes and am adding an engine guard this week. It's a capable tourer but we'll see what the future brings. I have dreams of a cross bike or vision (used of course) to prevent breaking the budget.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Asher it's good to see you are still loking while at the same time bad to hear you haven't been able to get the bike you wanted yet! Keep looking and eventually one will speak to you and say something to the ffect of "screw debt and buy me now!".

·
Registered
586 Posts
Have fun on the Factory Ride. They should give you a coupon worth $1000 on accessories after you ride (provided you purchase a bike within 2 weeks). I did Factory rides for 2 summers while finding new employment. I snuck a few dealer rides in also. The dealer rides give you a little more freedom to run the bike out and see how it handles. The Factory demos give you a no obligation opportunity to ride all the models (if you have the whole day). Own a Kingpin, test drove a '04 Ultra Classic, glad I own a Kingpin!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts